NNNNOOOOOOOO!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Newport was the coldest wettest town on the Oregon coast.
I would prefer to be inland a couple miles for sure

We were in Grants Pass, so we didn't have to deal with the salt air there. However, we did stay a week in a "beach house" in Waldport while we toured up and down the coast getting pictures. After we arrived at the house, I had to go buy a small metal file so I could get the corrosion off of the metal of the door latch and the metal piece in the door frame for the latch. The owners had already had to replace their garage doors prior to us arriving there.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The little station in Lawton has provided me with a few chuckles. In all honesty, and it stinks I know but it’s a tough balance to strike. Life/business never remains stagnant so if you’re not growing, in this case as a state then you’re going to shrink simply from atrophy. The trick in this case is attracting the “right” people and businesses. It’s my sincere hope and prayer that Oklahoma being such a wondrously conservative state that the liberal nut-jobs will seek sanctuary in places like Austin or Boulder.
We don’t have to worry about growing. The state has doubled its population in the last 24 years. I was blown away when I learned the state has about 4 million now. When I got back to it in 2000, the population was around 2 million.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don’t have to worry about growing. The state has doubled its population in the last 24 years. I was blown away when I learned the state has about 4 million now. When I got back to it in 2000, the population was around 2 million.
LOL!! Got my first drivers' license in 1966. There were less than 200,000 people in the OKC metro area. So little traffic... as I fondly recall.

Today there's just over a million! (That's a five-times multiplier in about 55 years, or an average growth rate of about 20,000 people every year! - and today, one-quarter of the state's citizenry lives in OKC area).

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My pastor and his wife are originally from Arkansas and they have a pretty thick accent (to my ear). And we were laughing about acorns being “acrins”. I still can’t get over that one
Just a heads-up, but that item you see your reflection in every morning doesn't have any vowels in it. It is supposed to be pronounced just like the ol' Russian space station, but shouldn't be confused with the command for someone to try and get you to come closer. It's subtle, but there is differences. :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom