NNNNOOOOOOOO!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were in Grants Pass, so we didn't have to deal with the salt air there. However, we did stay a week in a "beach house" in Waldport while we toured up and down the coast getting pictures. After we arrived at the house, I had to go buy a small metal file so I could get the corrosion off of the metal of the door latch and the metal piece in the door frame for the latch. The owners had already had to replace their garage doors prior to us arriving there.
The wife’s grandparents lived outside of Grants Pass. They liked to tell me how hot their summers were 😂

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whose idea was THIS??!?!?

Article says the commercial premiered during the OU/Texas game in the Dallas market but I missed it then. Just happened to catch it during the Dallas/Washington game. 😲😲

We have ENOUGH foreigners here already (no offense @caliberbob ) -- sigh -- we do NOT need a bunch more! Who does this ****??!?!?! 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

Eta: oops. Wrong commercial. Lol

I saw something recently that said there were twice as many people in Dallas, as the whole state of Oklahoma!! That is why i don't live in Dallas!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw something recently that said there were twice as many people in Dallas, as the whole state of Oklahoma!! That is why i don't live in Dallas!
When I explain to folks here how congested it is where I came from (Yorba Linda, CA) I usually say this….and numbers are within 5% so that’s close enough for me. The county where I lived, Orange County which is one of the smallest counties in the state is about the size of Comanche County where I live now and the population is just under the entire state’s population of Oklahoma. What’s funny is I didn’t feel like it was all that crowded. 🤷🏼‍♂️

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am unable to y'all or Ma'am no matter how hard I try.
It will hit you one day. Ya’ll and ma’am are natural for me, I’ve been saying them forever. But randomly about 3 years ago I started saying “over yonder” for some weird reason, and I have no idea where it came from. One day you’re just gonna be talking and ya’ll is just gonna fall out like you’ve been saying it all your life, and you won’t be able to quit.

My wife also absolutely hates it when I call her ma’am. Drives her nuts.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had to Google it. Dallas has over 1.2 million which didn’t sound so bad but if you look at the Dallas Fort Worth area it jumps to about 6.6 million. Yeah that is insane. And Texas has a population of about 29.5.

Us Okies have around 4 million in the state now a days. And Oklahoma City, including all of the suburbs has about 1 million. I like the more rural and less populated of our state.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will hit you one day. Ya’ll and ma’am are natural for me, I’ve been saying them forever. But randomly about 3 years ago I started saying “over yonder” for some weird reason, and I have no idea where it came from. One day you’re just gonna be talking and ya’ll is just gonna fall out like you’ve been saying it all your life, and you won’t be able to quit.

My wife also absolutely hates it when I call her ma’am. Drives her nuts.
I use ma'am all the time, but not with my wife. In spite of knowing better I figured I'd try it out:ooh2: yep I was right, she ain't fond of it either.

Last edited:

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use ma'am all the time, but not with my wife. In spite of knowing better I figured I'd try it out:ooh2: yep I was right, she ain't fond of it either.
I spent the formative years of my adult life in the USAF when female officers were a bit of a new thing. Also worked with the first female F-111D crew chief, and one of the first (possibly THE first) female Master Sergeants in the Air Force. And at the time when the law that made a commissioned officer automatically be addressed as Sir was changed to allow Ma'am for the increasingly more common non-medical female officers. Mostly on the southern portion of the US. IIRC, the northern most place I was stationed that wasn't for a technical school was Las Vegas, NV. Or perhaps Sumter, SC. Sir and Ma'am were automatic because the USAF just strongly reinforced what my mom taught me. In Southern California. :)

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent the formative years of my adult life in the USAF when female officers were a bit of a new thing. Also worked with the first female F-111D crew chief, and one of the first (possibly THE first) female Master Sergeants in the Air Force. And at the time when the law that made a commissioned officer automatically be addressed as Sir was changed to allow Ma'am for the increasingly more common non-medical female officers. Mostly on the southern portion of the US. IIRC, the northern most place I was stationed that wasn't for a technical school was Las Vegas, NV. Or perhaps Sumter, SC. Sir and Ma'am were automatic because the USAF just strongly reinforced what my mom taught me. In Southern California. :)
Just like calling a man sir, I was taught to address an adult woman as ma'am when I was a kid. On the rare occasions I didn't, my father made damn sure I knew I screwed up.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like calling a man sir, I was taught to address an adult woman as ma'am when I was a kid. On the rare occasions I didn't, my father made damn sure I knew I screwed up.
Growing up in the deep South, the words Sir and Ma'am were instilled in me from a very young age. It was considered respect and not only that if my Granddad was around I had a sincere desire to keep my front teeth. More than one grandkid was backhanded for failure to do so. I promise that you only forgot once especially if speaking to grandma. It was definitely "Yes Ma'am and No Ma'am".

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ain't an Okie, or a real southerner in general, if you've never said something like this:

(Hearing the kids making lots of racket in another room): "Are you kids bein' have in there?"
That's funny--I and my parents were all raised in Oklahoma, my dad's people have lived in Oklahoma since before statehood, and my mom's people were from west Texas (all four of her grandparents were from Oxford, MS), and I can't recall ever having heard "bein' have" before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom