No carry signs at church

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeld

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your post is ignorant and you may move along now. (coming from a former Catholic BTW)

It's not an ignorant post. The Bible says that a woman isn't supposed to teach the bible to men. That means this church has already gone off the liberal path - so no surprise on the gun issue then

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, just to balance this discussion. I was told by one of my FEMALE pastors at church that concealed and/or open carry are not prohibited. Basically, just don't act crazy and you'll be ok. Also, there needs to be security in church, and today reaffirmed my belief of that. During the 10:30am service, a young lady walked out of the crowd and onto the stage while the people were singing and started to cause a ruckus. Then in the 12:30pm service, a young black man with sunglasses and stereo headphones comes down during a song which was during prayer time. Several people approached him asking if he wanted to be prayed with (this was the time of service when you would do that) and he said that he wanted to pray with someone, but that he wanted to choose who it was that prayed with him. He started to cause a scene and this large, intimidating black guy named Tony that is our church security came up to him and spoke with him and that made the man even more upset. He started to get agitated and said "So that is how you do things here." and tony told him that he could get someone to pray with him, but that it needed to be done outside at that point. All in all I was very impressed with how Tony, the head of security handled the situation, and it just goes to reinforce what I have been told in the past. I go to one of the mega-churches in OKC that accepts EVERYONE, and when you accept EVERYONE, regardless of race, clothing, income level, cleanliness, ETC., ETC., you can sometimes get people that have real problems and can be a danger to themselves and others.

For legal reasons, we aren't going to have a "security" team, but we are calling it "campus care" team. We have practiced handling situations like you're describing, and we have a strategy in place for handling disruptions. We have a pretty diverse congregation too, and the church itself isn't in the best part of town.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always liked Romans 13:4 for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.

I would tell her that it would seem the bible teaches that the wearing of a weapon is not done in vain. It's purpose is mandated by God to strike fear in those that would do evil and to carry out Gods wrath should it need be.

I would also bring up the Colorado Springs Mass Shooting that was stopped by a Church member that had their CCW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom