No more AR-15s available at Walmart?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fine by me. If they don't want my money, I'll gladly give it to someone else. It's definitely a good thing for the LGS'.

Honestly WM never carried any ARs I was interested in anyway. They had decent prices on Colts, but nothing I couldn't beat online; plus they only carried the goofy M-4 profiled ones, not the 6720.

It's not like this does anything to lessen the availability of these rifles.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Truth About Guns has been on this story since yesterday. They have responses from Walmart and even from a local Walmart sporting goods manager. It appears the move is more due to the slump in AR sales than it is to any pressure from anti-gun groups.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ection-shotguns-responding-to-church-lawsuit/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...licy-on-ars-and-personal-protection-shotguns/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...cision-to-drop-ars-some-shotguns/#more-370020

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to believe this is an economic decision. I honestly don't think of Wal-Mart as my tactical go to store anyway. One thing I will miss is the ability to toss in a couple packs of Surefire CR123 batteries in the grocery cart each week.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an online article that Walmart will not be selling any weapon that has anything bigger than a 7 round magazine.
That is their choice and their right. I don't buy guns from Walmart, so it don't bother me at all. I pick up my 22LR ammo
there when it is in stock, but that's it.

Dangdar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to put my tinned hat on wonder if the government encouraged this move? Think about how much fed money moves through the big WM. Ebt cards and tax refunds and whatnot.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to put my tinned hat on wonder if the government encouraged this move? Think about how much fed money moves through the big WM. Ebt cards and tax refunds and whatnot.

No, it's not cause of the Feds. My buddy is the sporting goods manager at WalMart on Debarr Rd in Anchorage and he said they will still be selling them. Maybe it's just the market up there but all the WalMarts in Alaska also sell handguns. No Glocks though as they said the profit margins aren't enough.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard a news report on KRMG today that said Walmart is going to stop sales of AR 15 rifles because of a business decision, not because of any gun control issues or pressure from that segment of our society. Not enough profit. They will still focus on guns that sell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom