Non resident permints and LE officers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually it is their business why, They need to make sure your not some kind of criminal that has skirted around the Oklahoma License Process....because it looks suspicious...Your right your not obligated to tell them anything but your silence will only raise more questions. Just tell them the truth and that will satisfy them...
WOW. I thought it was no ones business if I am minding my own business and breaking no laws.

Michael

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No police officer, no district attorney, no judge, no state legislator, no attorney general, no one is familiar with ALL laws and variations. Cannot happen. There are just too many laws and loopholes. Last year, just the changes to just one Title required about 80 pages of index.
I know what the laws represent but what do you mean by loopholes? Are loopholes just another way to say legal acts that have not been outlawed yet?
The nasty old driving under the speed limit loophole to avoid getting a ticket?

Michael

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nasty old driving under the speed limit loophole to avoid getting a ticket?

Michael

Yeah. It's a classic drug courier profile.

Fear not though. They'll still find Probable Cause, somehow, some way since it's impossible for anyone to go about their business without violating some law or administrative rule that has the force of law.

And if that doesn't work, there's always 'creative perception.'

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, not loopholes, but exceptions that make no sense. It is illegal to drive without seatbelts unless you are in a farm truck, or in the bed of a truck. Why is it less dangerous for farmers on the highway? For kids in the back of a truck? Just the first example that jumped to mind.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, not loopholes, but exceptions that make no sense. It is illegal to drive without seatbelts unless you are in a farm truck, or in the bed of a truck. Why is it less dangerous for farmers on the highway? For kids in the back of a truck? Just the first exampole that jumped to mind.

Lets not forget the lack of seatbelts in a schoolbus.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my Utah permit at the same time as akguy, In my line of work I come in contact with LE on a regular basis. I have shown them my permit and EVERYONE of them said they were sure I carried before I got my permit. I told them they were right and they just chuckled. They all said they were familiar with the Utah permit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom