Norman Councilman Stephen Tyler Holman Says It’s Negligent When Police Try To Stop Pursuits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From: https://bluelivesmatter.blue/stephen-tyler-holman-heath-meyer/#disqus_thread

Norman, OK – Norman City Councilman Stephen Tyler Holman is blaming Lt. Heath Meyer for getting killed while trying to stop a pursuit in July.

Stephen Tyler Holman took to social media to express his opinion on the hero’s death, and followers sent us screenshots of the posts.

In the comments, Councilman Holman said that “putting out stop sticks to stop a car going over 100 mph is extremely negligent on the behalf of OHP.”

He also said that “the suspect and the OHP are both responsible for this death”. He was apparently referring to Oklahoma Highway Patrol Lt. D. Heath Meyer, who was struck by a patrol vehicle during a pursuit while he was putting out stop sticks on July 14. He succumbed to his injuries 10 days later.

Spike strips are designed to slowly stop vehicles in high speed pursuits, ending the pursuits as safely as possible.

Councilman Holman is right about one thing, placing spike strips are dangerous. There is no safe way to get in front of a pursuit, place an object in the path of the pursuit, and stand just feet away as the vehicles hopefully pass by.

When somebody is being pursued, and is endangering the lives of other people, officers are forced to put their life in danger in order to stop the suspect before they can hurt anybody. That’s the risk that Lt. Meyer knew he was taking, because failure to do so would mean leaving a dangerous suspect on the loose.

The councilman’s statements effectively amount to saying that police officers shouldn’t enter into dangerous situations because they might be killed. I hope he’ll remember that statement if his store ever gets robbed and he wants the police to confront an armed suspect.

Councilman Stephen Tyler Holman has an obvious reason for his dislike of police, considering that he was arrested in the spring for one count of acquiring proceeds from drug activity, a felony, and six counts of unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, according to NewsOK. Holman is the general manager for The Friendly Market located at 1100 E. Constitution.

The store sells glass pipes and smoking accessories. The only practical purpose of these pipes seems to be as drug paraphernalia, but Holman’s attorney argued that the law can’t presume what someone's intent is when the purchase the glass pipes.

According to Oklahoma law, the term ‘paraphernalia’ is defined as “objects used, intended for use, or fashioned specifically for use in ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing marijuana, cocaine, hashish or hashish oil into the human body.”

For all you know, his customers are purchasing the glass pipes to use as garden decorations and not to use drugs. The law doesn’t apply common sense. The charges were later dismissed.

Holman said the case against him was “erroneous and very likely politically motivated.”
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

This guy is just all ate up with the dumbass...

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does Holman's business have to do with statements regarding officer Meyer?

They might not like Holman, but he was found not guilty by our Justice system and the other charges were dropped. Time to move on.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does Holman's business have to do with statements regarding officer Meyer?

They might not like Holman, but he was found not guilty by our Justice system and the other charges were dropped. Time to move on.

Sounds to me like evidence that he's tested out the products he sells a few too many times to have any common sense left.

Wait....If the charges were dropped how was he found not guilty? :scratch:

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He has a right to his opinion and so do I. My opinion is he is jaded by his recent experience with law enforcement. Either that or an idiot.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will some one, anyone, who lives in that district please make sure he has a challenger in the next election? Really, "Holman is the general manager for The Friendly Market", this is enough to get elected in Norman these days?

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.
Edmund Burke

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see in his comments where he said Meyer was responsible for his own death? He said the OHP and the suspect are to blame. Do you disagree? Perhaps the story is worded in a way to push a one-sided story? Surely the boys at blue lives matter wouldn't do such a thing.
Whats wrong with you? Get a ticket and you're all upset now?

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats wrong with you? Get a ticket and you're all upset now?
Lol can't even remember the last time I got a ticket. But anyone can see that story was written to be a very one sided smear piece. I guess it's okay as long is it supports the same direction you lean? That's the good thing about being in the middle. I can see it happening from both sides.

Latest posts

Top Bottom