Norman Councilman Stephen Tyler Holman Says It’s Negligent When Police Try To Stop Pursuits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see how OHP is "responsible" for the Trooper's death, in the sense of placing blame/assigning fault. The criminal is responsible.

Having a conversation about the efficacy and necessity of high speed pursuits, and the policies governing them, is another discussion.
I guess it depends on if he was following orders to deploy the stop sticks and then it depends on if there was something out of the norm for the situation that was disregarded.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“the suspect and the OHP are both responsible for this death” Maybe he was referring to the protocols that may or may not have been followed. Maybe by saying OHP he was referring to the pursuit vehicle that hit Lt Meyer, or maybe he was referring to the other pursuit vehicle that collided with the pursuit vehicle that hit Lt Meyer? I honestly don't know what he was trying to say or maybe imply, and really don't care but it is his opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom