"Not responsible for vehicle damage" signs on trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about this countless times. I don't see how they think they can just pass the blame.

I also wonder about places with signs about not responsible for items left in vehicles. Sounds like you could just put a sign up, and steal things out of cars as you please...

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had mine broke one day by a gravel truck. I whipped around and followed the guy and called the sheriffs office...They wouldn't do a damn thing even though I was right behind the guy. YMMV

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"What's the law?"

If you can bluff people out of even filing the suit, you win.

This....

But if you are using a safe following distance the odds of catching a rock to the windshield is pretty low. I have noticed most driver don't understand the concept of safe following distance. I had a lady call in on me because I straddled a road gator(a piece of a blown out tire) and she was too close behind me, and guess what, she couldn't straddle it. I guess it messed her Prius up pretty good.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They always lie and say it must have come from the road and they're not responsible for road debris. They fail to mention that all that road debris initially fell off one of their trucks. It pisses me off to no end that OHP doesn't sit just past 46th St. N. on Hwy 169 every day, cause they could cite half of all the dump trucks coming from the rock quarry. I have THREE trashed windshields as a result of their malfeasance! :mad:

Yes. If it come off the road, it is not the trucks fault. If it comes off of the truck, it is. I am sure that truckers lie, but so do tailgaters. We get calls about 3 times a week from people who had a windshield broke by one of our trucks, when we did not even have a truck within miles of where they say it was. We had a lady come to our store to show our boss her windshield. She said we had just broke it. It had mold in the break and had turned black. I had a guy on 44 get mad because I ran over a tire in the road and it came up and busted his grill. He was about 10ft off the back of my trailer. I have seen both sides. The windshield in my Pete is busted now from a rock truck that passed me on 35. He was dropping rocks everywhere. The sign means nothing.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mine was broken by a truck passing me, driver said i was following to close. had my Attorney buddy write them a letter pointing out that i wasn't following him at all and was in the other lane. got a check for my window in the mail

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My windshield was hit by a rock coming from an oncoming truck and still needs replaced. Damn thing is it was a Braum's feed truck and my father in law runs the show there. Called him up, he said hazards of the road. Dammit what am I gonna do raise hell with my in-law? I think $3-400 for a windshield is cheaper than raising hell about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom