Now that Illinois has enacted carry laws this would make it really interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-l...re-businesses-to-allow-instead-of-deny-carry/

Video included at link

Quite a few anti-gunners in Illinois still aren’t very happy that they were forced to enact a concealed carry law. As well all know, they did, and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Now one Illinois State Senator is proposing making that carry law even worse.

Currently, in nearly every state, private property owners are allowed to manage concealed carry on their property. The most common methods are that businesses and private property owners are allowed to ask carriers to leave or either ban carry through specific signage.

However, Illinois State Senator Harmon wants to completely flip that script. He wants to change the law to make it illegal to carry into locations that aren’t specifically posted as being carry friendly.

According to My Fox Chicago,

The proposal would allow business owners to post clear signs at building entrances and other places on the premises indicating they do allow concealed firearms.

Nicole, a local representative of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, said she supports State Sen. Harmon’s proposal.

She has found that in her neighborhood, some business owners that do not want guns in their stores are hesitant to post signs indicating firearms are not welcome. Nicole said the Illinois chapter of her organization believes they should have a right to choose, and that they should not feel showing their desire would be detrimental to business.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was a business owner i Illinois, I would post a madatory carry sign...any adult who isn't legally carrying would be not be welcome....just to piss off the anti gunners there.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was a business owner i Illinois, I would post a madatory carry sign...any adult who isn't legally carrying would be not be welcome....just to piss off the anti gunners there.

I agree, but I think one of the reasons why a lot of the larger corporations want to stay out of things is they don't want to PO either side. If walmart were to allow managers to make the decision and only a few stores posted no carry it would be detrimental to the whole company because quite a few people would avoid every store. This works in our favor but I also doubt that they would post the pro carry signs in a state that were to require them like what is proposed due to not wanting to PO the anti's either and most corporations would be the same way.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, but I think one of the reasons why a lot of the larger corporations want to stay out of things is they don't want to PO either side. If walmart were to allow managers to make the decision and only a few stores posted no carry it would be detrimental to the whole company because quite a few people would avoid every store. This works in our favor but I also doubt that they would post the pro carry signs in a state that were to require them like what is proposed due to not wanting to PO the anti's either and most corporations would be the same way.

Absolutely. What this Illionois legislator is trying to do is nothing more than forcing business owners to "out" themselves by making them choose a position. Instead of leaving it up to business owners to decide for themselves if they are "anti" enough to stand by their guns (no pun intended) barring a perfectly legal and accepted practice, they're trying to make them specifically promote something they may be somewhat ambivalent about.

I would think hope this law would be struck down pretty quickly, were it actually able to pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom