Now to speed up my reloading.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look again. Isn't it amazing how everyone that gets a Dillon wants to tell everyone else that their equipment is subpar. I am sure that if you spend $1000 it will out perform $200 in any area. I think a Dillon is awesome, If I was going to buy a new press, and an lnl and 550 was even money, I would buy the Dillon. The reason I would buy the Dillon is resale, not performance.

Looks like they are out of stock right now but you can still backorder it. Or if I find mine you can have it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/858110/hornady-lock-n-load-press-and-die-conversion-bushing-kit

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dillon wars LOL i've got dillon, rcbs, an orange crush, and a pacific. got the dillon cause i got a semi good deal on them, plus the ladies in the demo vids are nice to look at. set em up and was not happy with the powder charge and all that linkage, promply bought hornady case activated and haven't looked back. the dillon bullet feeder and primer tubes are a waste of time to me, i do all sizing on a rcbs rock chucker or chunker (what ever they call it) deprime on a rcbs summit, prime with rcbs hand primer. the guy in alaska that machines the roller bearing replacements for dillon makes quality stuff that smooths the whole process down. i just use 3 stations, powder charge, bullet seating with hornady dies, and lee factory crimp. i wish dillon had something like the LNL quick change for the dies, that is a major plus

dc4ou

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Dillon 650. I saved up when I first started shooting to buy it and all of the stuff required. I added a case feeder and thought I was in heaven. Then I got tennis elbow and felt I had to buy a bullet feeder. I did not want to spend the money but it was the best thing I ever bought. It costs an absolute fortune to switch calibers if you buy all of the stuff (new tool head, new powder funnel, dies, caliber conversion, case feeder plate and bullet feeder conversion). I only load 9mm, 38/357, 40, 45 and 223. I definitely have a lot of money tied up, however I shoot a lot and have recouped my investment. The positive is that I can load 100 rounds in 5 minutes very easily. If I don't have any rounds loaded and I want to shoot the next day, it takes me very little time to load 400 to 500 rounds. I use to really like reloading, however I only do it now so I can shoot more rounds for less money. I would never be able to shoot very much if I had to buy factory ammo. I still have some factory ammo that I bought in 2012 but I never shoot it because it costs too much. ha

If you shoot a lot and/or your time is valuable and you have the money...it is nice to have. If not, enjoy the process and know that you are making a higher quality product any way. I want to get a single stage with a rotating tool head to load rifle, however I am never sure which one to get.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might look at a Redding T-7. I upgraded to mine from a Lyman T-Mag. Sometimes you can find a deal on one.

I love my T-7! I feel that I have the almost perfect setup. A 650 for production and the T-7 for load workup and small batch rifle type stuff. Adding a S1050 would be better for the uber quantities, but the amount I shoot can't justify one just yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom