And this is why you will not save money reloading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because I have worked up loads for my 6.5x55 Swede and for the 6.5 Creedmoor and buddy used the CM to kill several coyotes and deer this year with a 129 gr Hornady.
Behind the shoulder shot take the top of the heart off and destroy the off shoulder.

He did not have to track any of them and said the blood trail was like following a yard sprayer.

Now the why.
I am addicted to small bullets now and short 16-18" barrels and found Hornady makes a 95gr V-max in .264 and I just have to have some.

WHY!!! The 129's work fine. But I still want those 95's.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because I have worked up loads for my 6.5x55 Swede and for the 6.5 Creedmoor and buddy used the CM to kill several coyotes and deer this year with a 129 gr Hornady.
Behind the shoulder shot take the top of the heart off and destroy the off shoulder.

He did not have to track any of them and said the blood trail was like following a yard sprayer.

Now the why.
I am addicted to small bullets now and short 16-18" barrels and found Hornady makes a 95gr V-max in .264 and I just have to have some.

I wished I'd been a Meth head. I'd have no teeth, but would have saved a little lol

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Now the why.

Are you shooting 95s through that milsurp?

If so, good luck. I tried light bullets in several Swedes and they did not group well at all.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a fairly large stash of now unattainable 120 gr .264 Corelokt bullets, and they have produced itty bitty groups in every 6.5x55 rifle I’ve ever had. Not one single deer or pig ever took a step after being hit with one of them.
I’m not saying it’s right, but for a hunting bullet, that’s as light as I would go. :anyone:

I also have a bunch of 129 gr SST’s, 140 gr Corelokts, and a few 160 grainers.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a fairly large stash of now unattainable 120 gr .264 Corelokt bullets, and they have produced itty bitty groups in every 6.5x55 rifle I’ve ever had. Not one single deer or pig ever took a step after being hit with one of them.
I’m not saying it’s right, but for a hunting bullet, that’s as light as I would go. :anyone:

I also have a bunch of 129 gr SST’s, 140 gr Corelokts, and a few 160 grainers.

A friend of mine refers to the 129gr SST as "passion fingers" in his .260.

"Because it fu@#$ everything it touches".

Latest posts

Top Bottom