NRA Annual Meeting in Dallas 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the meeting in Dallas on Saturday and had a great time. Walked the exhibit hall for almost 6 hours and it still wasn't enough time to see everything. The trainers update had a lot of great info about the direction of the NRA's Carry Guard courses.

Almost 15 straight hours in Downtown Dallas and I never saw a single protester. The nearest thing I saw was 8 mounted Police in the shade in the park next to the convention center. I guess gutless punks like Antifa aren't keen on protesting against a group that is probably heavily armed.

The concert Saturday night was pretty good. Started with a prayer from LTC Oliver North, then Gatlin Brothers, Travis Tritt and finished up with Charlie Daniels.

Last edited:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was there Thursday night (well in Dallas the show hadn't started) and was at the show all day Friday. Did not go to the arena for the POTUS or VEEP. I did see Sen Cruz roaming around surrounded by 10s of thousands of armed people and probably never safer. I did meet LTC (R) Allen West, one of my co-workers was one of his battery commanders in Iraq so I passed along some greetings and he remembered my bud. All in all saw many interesting things on the Expo floor, stayed at a great hotel (the Magnolia), ate a couple of very good dinners and my wife and I got lots of exercise roaming the convention. I wish I could have stayed for the whole weekend.

Oh, after visiting the S&W booth my wife now wants one of those Shield 380 EZ sub-compacts.

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, after visiting the S&W booth my wife now wants one of those Shield 380 EZ sub-compacts.

I picked one of those up a month ago and it's definitely a hit with newer shooters, especially those who have trouble working the slide on common semi-autos. Essentially the same size, weight, slide racking effort, and magazine loading ease as a Ruger SR22 but with a bigger (relatively speaking) punch and manageable recoil.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked one of those up a month ago and it's definitely a hit with newer shooters, especially those who have trouble working the slide on common semi-autos. Essentially the same size, weight, slide racking effort, and magazine loading ease as a Ruger SR22 but with a bigger (relatively speaking) punch and manageable recoil.

Agree with all you wrote except that I suspect Smith would prefer one to say it is essentially the same size, weight, effort to rack as an M&P 22c.

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with all you wrote except that I suspect Smith would prefer one to say it is essentially the same size, weight, effort to rack as an M&P 22c.
I'll bet they would. Sadly for Smith I don't have one to compare it with. Yeah I know, enough of my personal problems. :wink2:

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was here Saturday and Sunday, walked the floor and honestly couldn't see everything. My wife also wants a 380 EZ now, and also a Henry. I've been thinking about adding a lever action for awhile now, and now that I have her blessing I wouldn't be surprised if a few 22LR models show up in my safe over the next few months.

On a side note she was confused when we went to Red Castle yesterday, I had three new guns that she hadn't seen. Of course I traded for them (didn't tell her that I traded cash).

Latest posts

Top Bottom