NRA Life Membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not directed at anyone here so please don't take offense.

I asked myself if getting a bunch of junk mail from the NRA was a big enough issue to not have my number counted amoung the ranks of gun owners who will stand up and be counted. The answer was I bought a lifetime membership.

As for the junk mail just like other mine dropped off to just a few a year after checking the "No Mail" option.

darth_ted_82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to think this too, until I found out that the NRA is not a lobby. Yes, that is correct.

The NRA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization. With that, it is illegal for them to contribute any money to politics.

Every cent that goes to the NRA from memberships, trainer fees, and contributions goes into education, training, and the infrastructure that supports those two things.

Non-profits are highly scrutinized tax shelters, especially the NRA.

Another thing about the NRA that is also a misnomer is that they are a huge organization, its actually not. There are not near as many people that work for the NRA as people are led to believe.

For example, Even though I am an NRA Training Counselor, I don't work for the NRA, I conduct NRA certified courses for Oklahoma Sport Shooting
The real power lies with its membership numbers.

If you would like to be a part of the gun lobby and want your money to go to firearm politics, that's the ILA.

Its the NRA's separate entity, Institute for Legislative Action. Now that $$$ goes to politics.

I love when the superior feeling ignorant get schooled... :clap3:

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished paying off my life membership. I think I ended up paying $450 total for it, started it a couple years ago. Im glad I did it.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went back and tried that. Still shows $1000.00 on the NRA site. On the site in the first post it says $375.00.
EPL Life membership $1000
Right above that I see Life Membership $375

NRA.jpghttp://www.rleeermey.com/nra/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to get a bunch of mail to and I told them to stop and now the only thing I receive is my magazine every month.

Same here. Called customer service and told them if they wanted to make money from me, quit sending everything but the mag and membership renewals. Done deal.

Used to be a special number you could call, and I posted it a couple of times, but it's been awhile and I don't remember it now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom