Nuisance Cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a guy that leased some land adjoining ours - he has some wild cows that got on our place last year, he got them off, promised to build fence.
Here we are a year later, and once again I have wild cows on the property that I'm trying to manage for deer.

Dude is well known for this behavior - deputies had to shoot one of his cows a few years ago (it was out and about), another of his cows got into a car wreck. He leases land and dumps cows on it, with little upkeep. Total POS.

My lawyer buddy is sending a letter warning him we'll get cows declared nuisance animals if this occurs again.

Anyone else been down this road? What worked?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you might want to consider building your half of the fence? with the land owner not the renter.
Seriously?!? Why would a guy without cows build fence to keep someone else’s cows out? That’s the guy with the cows responsibility.

Funny story. One of my customers had trouble keeping his cows in and approached his neighbor who raises pine trees on his property about splitting the cost of the fence between their places. The guy with the pine trees declined saying he doesn’t have any trouble with his trees getting out. My customer was pissed, but I thought it was hilarious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom