Nuisance Cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get lawyers involved. you are responsible for the fence on the right half of the joining property line. I know its a PIA but a 2 string hotwire is inexpensive and cost less than a letter or 2 from a lawyer.
Like I said, I do already have a lawyer involved.
I disagree about me being responsible for the fence - I own no cattle, therefore I don't need a fence.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No property owner is responsible or require to put a fence up if they have nothing they trying to keep in it is the animals owners that have the responsibility to put any and all fences up and maintain them. In the past it was a neighborly thing for both property owners to go in together to pay for it but not required.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of a tough call. Two 'solutions' would be 1) cattle magically end up in a meat locker somehow and 2) lawyer sends a letter and puts them on notice. Problem with the letter is that if that doesn't solve it, the only way forward is more lawyer work since the magic of option 1 at that point is a tougher sell.

Good luck. Sucks to have PITA neighbors.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine that owns land says that OK, TX and xx requires that the person that doesn't want animals on their property to put up the fence. The cattle owner has no duty to fence them in, you have to fence them out. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine that owns land says that OK, TX and xx requires that the person that doesn't want animals on their property to put up the fence. The cattle owner has no duty to fence them in, you have to fence them out. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.
You're wrong on this one; Oklahoma is a fence in state.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Diana Prince Popcorn GIF

Latest posts

Top Bottom