Nurse arrested for not drawing blood...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The most alarming thing about this whole thread is that pokinfun is a teacher. This person is shaping future minds!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thing about the enet is you can act any way you want and there are no repercussions! So sometimes people are contrary and argumentative to blow of steam!! So what you see is not necessarily indicative of who Pokinfun is. While I do feel that he is being a troll on this subject, I would have to meet him in person to start worrying about him teaching!! Teaching in Oklahoma is a calling for most not a paycheck. He has not resorted to foul language or started ranting and raving............. So maybe he is just being an ass, which we all do on occasion!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. The problem is, once the genie is out of the bottle...

Preventing the violation of the rights of someone who is helpless and injured in the first place is much better than trying to correct the mistake later.

Not to mention that this nurse's stand has sparked a national conversation and educational discussion that needed to be held.

I had a situation the other night that very very easily could have resulted in something similar - a situation with differing views between law enforcement and health care workers about what is best and/or right for an individual's rights and safety. But luckily, everyone involved was calm, respectful and on the same team. There are problems we need to address in our system, but there are ways to do it, and ways NOT to do it.

So my wife just got back from her shift and explained that there was apparently a similar situation in the St John's ER recently where the head of Trauma was apparently toe to toe with a LEO over something like this. You're not working in Tulsa are ya? :D

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most alarming thing about this whole thread is that pokinfun is a teacher. This person is shaping future minds!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
are you now going to try to prove I am morally wrong, there is a term for that sort of thing.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your initial post and "she got what she asked for" for starters.
all I was saying is that anyone directly arguing with a cop is running the risk of being arrested. I think later on I stated that I hand it to her for standing up for what she thought was right.
I don't think I ever said that she should not of stood up to the cop, just there is a risk anytime you do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom