nursing home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So yesterday during work, I have a delivery to GLC. I chatted with one of the residents as I was entering, we talked about the heat wave and " I can't believe you do your job without A/c."
So, the girl that normally signs for me had left 15 minutes earlier and I go to the nearest nursing station to get a signature. One nurse tells me I have to wait, there's an emergency going on, then gets on the P.A. and annouces " All Nursing Staff, Code Blue... room X"
this is the first time experiencing this, nurses sprinting down the hallways and panic in their eyes, grabbing oxygen carts and calling 911... one of the nurses rushing was one that signs for me occasionally. I got a sig and left before emergency staff showed up.
today I talked with the nurse that was responding to the alert, I asked what was a Code Blue, she explained that it meant a person has died and requires life saving measures. She lost that effort. I don't think I could ever do that job and told her so. I want to thank all the people that provide those services. My job without A/c isn't jack compared to the handling of our Elderly.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From someone who spent several years working in nursing homes with the elderly, thank you for posting that.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to work as a nurses aide in a hospital in North Dakota and have been on more code blues than I care to count. Youngest was a 23 year old soldier . Very hard to deal with when they are that young.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
desperation feelings were what I felt.. God Bless all those who are in that position to help. I wanted to hug the girl and share some tears with her, but she was strong... like she said, it kindof ruined her evening..

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished my first semester in accelerated nursing school, graduate next July. It feels good to think I'll truly be helping people and that I already have in my clinical and community experiences.

Latest posts

Top Bottom