Obama administration proposes the elimination of shooting on public land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...11/16/obama-pushing-shooters-off-public-lands

Gun owners who have historically been able to use public lands for target practice would be barred from potentially millions of acres under new rules drafted by the Interior Department, the first major move by the Obama administration to impose limits on firearms.

More at the link. Basically will mean that all public lands are off limits to shooting.

It would also reduce land available for hunting.

If the draft policy is finally approved, some public access to Bureau lands to hunters would also be limited, potentially reducing areas deer, elk, and bear hunters can use in the West

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time to send out some emails & letters! Seems to me the BLM should be required to issue a NPRM in the Federal Register for this. Anyone got a line on that?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is such BS - "urbanites freaking out when hearing gun fire". Maybe education and familiarity to firearms would stop the "freaking out". Sounds like more shooting and guns on public lands is in order.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time to send out some emails & letters! Seems to me the BLM should be required to issue a NPRM in the Federal Register for this. Anyone got a line on that?
I didn't see anything. But I'll admit that my search foo is weak and I can only take regulations.gov in extremely small doses before my head starts to explode.

Latest posts

Top Bottom