Obama open mike slip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the context? - or you just pick your own for your own agenda ...

I mean, what if they are talking about Obama visiting Putin's dacha?

The context was regarding Russia's opposition to the Missile Defense shield being deployed in Europe. For the life of me, I can't reason why Russia would be in opposition to this system. It is a DEFENSIVE missile shield. You don't launch any missiles our way, and we'll have no problem.

What Comrade Obama was telling his counterpart from Russia is that Russia/Putin need to give him some time. Let's wait until after the election after which, Comrade Obama will no longer have the constraints of public opinion, he can do any damn thing he pleases, then he can really negotiate with Mother Russia for arms reductions. Imagine the other plans Obama has in store for this country when he has more "flexibility".

When I hear Republican saying things like, "I'd rather just keep Obama for another 4 years then we'll find a real conservative Republican candidate" or "I'm just going to sit this election out, I can stand pulling the lever on any of the Republican candidates", it just makes me cringe. I'm not enthralled with any of the Republican candidates either, but ANY of them are better than a final term Obama who will not have to maintain any public opinion ratings for the next election. This man will be dangerous.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The context is an intention to do something later that if you did now might result in your not being elected.

This is the point... it gives the feeling that one is willing to say and/or do one thing until after the election, when things will change. Meaning, since it's "my last election", I don't have to worry about what the voters will think after that.

It isn't about some routine or mundane scheduling problem, or he wouldn't have felt the need to point out specifically, "This is my last election."

I'm not a kool-aid drinker, and I'm not a tin-foil hat activist, either. But the thing is, this guy has said many times in the past he is against many things that alot of us are FOR... like keeping gun ownership legal and simple. This type of statement reawakens the fear that he is going to take off the gloves come next January when it comes to re-writing life in this country.

I'm betting some of the gun dealers with tables at the upcoming shows (especially this weekend) are overjoyed to see this coming out right now...

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an article recently that discussed allowing lie detector test results being used in court, maybe all politicians should be "wired up" in all debates and speeches?

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read an article recently that discussed allowing lie detector test results being used in court, maybe all politicians should be "wired up" in all debates and speeches?
I'd be all for that. Id be a lot more likely to vote for some one who would just shoot it straight. Hey If you don't like this but like that cool. Atleast you were honest

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The context is an intention to do something later that if you did now might result in your not being elected.

This. Many have speculated what will happen if he gets a 2nd term. To me a shady statement like that pretty well proves his intentions are not in our best interest. Of course by his arrogant attitude he knows what's best for everyone. In reality leave us the hell alone and do your job. If I thought tin foil would help, I'd make us all hats.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The context was regarding Russia's opposition to the Missile Defense shield being deployed in Europe. For the life of me, I can't reason why Russia would be in opposition to this system. It is a DEFENSIVE missile shield. You don't launch any missiles our way, and we'll have no problem.

What Comrade Obama was telling his counterpart from Russia is that Russia/Putin need to give him some time. Let's wait until after the election after which, Comrade Obama will no longer have the constraints of public opinion, he can do any damn thing he pleases, then he can really negotiate with Mother Russia for arms reductions. Imagine the other plans Obama has in store for this country when he has more "flexibility".

When I hear Republican saying things like, "I'd rather just keep Obama for another 4 years then we'll find a real conservative Republican candidate" or "I'm just going to sit this election out, I can stand pulling the lever on any of the Republican candidates", it just makes me cringe. I'm not enthralled with any of the Republican candidates either, but ANY of them are better than a final term Obama who will not have to maintain any public opinion ratings for the next election. This man will be dangerous.

I guess the majority of our fellow Republicans should've thought about that, before they gave us the two ridiculous front runners we currently have huh? :(

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom