Obama open mike slip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the majority of our fellow Republicans should've thought about that, before they gave us the two ridiculous front runners we currently have huh? :(

Hey, like I said the guys they are running don't particularly thrill me either, but I can see who is the "better" person for the job. I feel fairly confident that whoever gets the Republican nomination are going to be better than Obama. I think if we are willing to just sit it out because we don't have a "perfect" candidate we very well may be waiting for a long time.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The context was regarding Russia's opposition to the Missile Defense shield being deployed in Europe. For the life of me, I can't reason why Russia would be in opposition to this system. It is a DEFENSIVE missile shield. You don't launch any missiles our way, and we'll have no problem.

Yeah, like that defensive shield in Cuba was no problem for the US.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they were just talking about having one crazy night on some good rooskie vodka. Think "The Hangover" only presidental & russian style.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a DEFENSIVE missile shield. You don't launch any missiles our way, and we'll have no problem.

Mutually assured destruction only works if both sides are vulnerable to attack. If a shield can protect one side then it's not mutually assured and the other side will feel threatened. A missile defense shield can easily lead to an arms race to build up enough weapons to overload a the defensive shield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom