OC Arrest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So we read intent from the presence of a weapon now?

Seems to be just like the open carriers who carry for effect.

Although I suspect there are some folks here who wouldn't have a problem with it if these guys were white and voting Republican.:rolleyes2

Michael Brown
They were verbally intimidating and scaring the voters. Add a gun to that and yes. You cant honestly disagree with that.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Mymonkey. Not sure the polling places (church or community center, bank or school gym) is that closely defined as a state sanctioned operation to be a no carry zone. The comparison you make is ludicrous though. These guys were there to intimidate and scare people. Quite a different situation and your "old" enough to know GD good and well.

Well that's just nutz. Generals elections ARE A STATE SANCTIONED ACTIVITY. They aren't being run by PETA or the Girl Scouts......

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well that's just nutz. Generals elections ARE A STATE SANCTIONED ACTIVITY. They aren't being run by PETA or the Girl Scouts......
Well maybe I said that wrong. I know its sanctioned by the state but I dont know if it falls into the category of what the carry law describes. Its not a meeting of any officials. Nor is it rented I dont think.
I'm not sure.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well maybe I said that wrong. I know its sanctioned by the state but I dont know if it falls into the category of what the carry law describes. Its not a meeting of any officials. Nor is it rented I dont think.
I'm not sure.

I give up. Next time there is an election go ahead and open carry into the polling place and maybe report back on your experiences.....

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I give up. Next time there is an election go ahead and open carry into the polling place and maybe report back on your experiences.....
Your impossible. No where did I say it was okay to do so, I just stated that I dont know that its not. It seems like a pretty gray area amongst those who have participated in this thread. We will learn from this mans actions though and the real facts will surface.

Does this mean we dont have to read your dumb ass comments anymore in future open carry threads?
God I hope not.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems pretty clear to me that an election is a government function and a polling place would be a protected location.

Even if that part wasn't clear, this guy crossed the legal line when he returned carrying after being notified and asked to leave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom