Odd request from a former employee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there was a truly valid reason for her 'no call/no show' why did she not follow up with an explanation at her first opportunity? Nope, she's just working the system.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would send her the letter stating that a no call - no show caused her termination on (date) just to end the phone calls,,,,,a woman with children gets the equivalent of 20 + dollars an hour.....she cant afford to work.....there aren't enough worker bees to fund that anymore. it must fail. when it does - well, keep your powder dry is all I can say.

I would send the letter stating that I am not sure why she quit the job. She just stopped coming in and never called, its what she wants, she could explain that to anyone she gives the letter to.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm a little busy now covering your missed shifts and trying to hire someone to replace you. I just don't have the time right now to write a letter. Maybe in a couple of months, or you could have whom ever needs the letter give us a call here at the office.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did write her a letter. It was short and to the point. Start date, last day worked, separation voluntary. Thats about all it contained.

I was talking to one of my partners in the company. His communication with an Administrator at one of our referral sources gave us some insight. In the Home Health/Personal & Companion care industry. Caregivers have a very high turn over rate. Part is due to the nature of the job. Varied schedules with people trying to make ends meet. If there is a slow down at one job they will jump ship to another company for hours.

Unfortunately, the other main reason for turn over is cases like this. Caregivers will apply for a job and work just long enough to ensure daycare benefits are kept. Then quit before they get into trouble on their lodging benefits.

The most frustrating part is the work this employee was doing. She was knocking it out of the park. Our clients were giving us positive feedback on their experience with her. Then BOOM. No show no call. No answer to phone calls that day either. This was just reinforcing the problem created by government benefits. While this girl is more than capable to work. And when working did an awesome job. Its easier to work the system knowing the money flow won't get shut off.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I did write her a letter. It was short and to the point. Start date, last day worked, separation voluntary. Thats about all it contained.
Caregivers will apply for a job and work just long enough to ensure daycare benefits are kept. Then quit before they get into trouble on their lodging benefits.
Its easier to work the system knowing the money flow won't get shut off.

en·a·ble
enˈāb(ə)l,inˈāb(ə)l/
verb
give (someone or something) the authority or means to do something.
"the evidence would enable us to arrive at firm conclusions"
synonyms: allow, permit, let, give the means, equip, empower, make able, fit;

Latest posts

Top Bottom