Odd request from a former employee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did write her a letter. It was short and to the point. Start date, last day worked, separation voluntary. Thats about all it contained.
"Dear Sir or Madam,

Currently, Susie X's last day of work was July 1, 2015. As far as we are concerned, she is currently on unpaid leave, as she has given no notice of resignation and we have given no notice of termination."

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure seems like that.

I would write a simple - "this person does not work here."

Boom. Done. Don't call me again. Unfortunately you really can't go into much more detail anymore... someone will sue you, I'm sure.

IF Housing Authority calls, tell them she quit, period.
GIVE her nothing.

Anonymous call to report suspected fraud is warranted.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wonder where the daddy is. and if he is paying his fair share.

If he is they have a oral "agreement", it's in cash and undeclared ...

"Dear Sir or Madam,

Currently, Susie X's last day of work was July 1, 2015. As far as we are concerned, she is currently on unpaid leave, as she has given no notice of resignation and we have given no notice of termination."

THIS is brilliant.

Brad A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There may still be a back story. We might never know it. I'll hold judgment until then.

Ahh, to be this naive again... I used to be that way until I started a business w this exact demographic as my employee base. After you've had 3,000,000 no call no shows you become cynical. You don't believe any of their crap. Bc they no call no show, you don't hear a word from them until payday or when they need their DHS letter. Then all of the sudden they're banging down your door. Am I right, Dan b?
Worthless people.

Last edited:

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brad A. You are correct. We will schedule multiple caregivers to come in at the same time. We are lucky if we get 20% to show up for the initial interview. I changed our process to streamline it as much as we could. The goal was to get them cleared to work ASAP. I'm considering stringing it out a bit longer. Initial interview, assessment test, background check, then fingerprints(if necessary), finally drug and TB test. After that then they can come to orientation. Make them show a commitment to show up on time when we need them. All before putting them on the schedule.

Latest posts

Top Bottom