Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
About 6:30 the wind quit, and so did the deer movement. The good buck that I got a few pics of, showed up on a cam at 9pm a little over a mile away from the original cam pic on 10/5. And I had a pic of him yesterday morning at the first cam location at 6am. He never stops to eat, and is always just cruising. At this rate, Hoddy will have pics of him if he doesn't already. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been anywhere for a week. I've been spending all of my time in this heat installing all the latest upgrades on our new to us Boat. Two new touch screen locators, USB and Power ports, with a marine stereo system that uses Bluetooth streaming, controlled by smart phone or remote, SD card, hands free phone, etc. :D Tidy up some wiring tomorrow, and get serious about deer hunting. Got a fishing trip coming up.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wind did great for me last night, it held out til after dark. I coulda smoked a brisket in the stand and they'd have never smelled it. Hunted a stand for the first time and grabbed my camera card on the way in, had no idea what was coming in to the place. Messed up importing pics to ipad and deleted all that was on the card, so I still had no idea what was going to happen. About 6:30 I caught a deer standing in a little gap for a few seconds, then moved on. Then two more passed by. At 6:50, here came a train of 9 does and fawns. They walked in single file, one after the other, somewhat humorous. Just before dusk a small 8 wandered in and ran most of them off. Nothing special, but a good number of does that might draw in something with horns once things get fired up.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In for a little sniff...

Cdy00018.JPG

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw my big boy today just as it got dark. He beds very close. He knew something was up and ran of, blew about 4 times. Should i go tomorrow morning or back off for a couple of days? I don't want to put pressure on him and scare him off.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Deer moved really well today for us, just not what she was looking for. Had a couple of new bucks show up in the last 3 days on cam that she wouldn't think twice about.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw my big boy today just as it got dark. He beds very close. He knew something was up and ran of, blew about 4 times. Should i go tomorrow morning or back off for a couple of days? I don't want to put pressure on him and scare him off.

If the wind is right, get back in there. They are going to start wandering really quick setting up scrapes, etc. Your time to take him there might be short.

Latest posts

Top Bottom