Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd planned on being in the stand this evening but had an unexpected change of plans, but with the front moving in tonight, tomorrow evening looks like it should be pretty good. Light front and new moon, yep, I'll be there.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Came around the corner yesterday on the way to my stand and there were two does and a young buck were standing there at 345pm, not 100 yards from my stand. The wind was swirling, instead of SW. They bolted and I went to another stand where the wind was actually SW. I had two yearling fawns come in at 5:30. I drew as the second one passed, hoping mom was right behind them, but she never showed. They fed away and got about 60 yards away when they tried blowing. It was humorous listening to young uns trying to blow.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warm out yesterday evening, but being my first chance to hunt all year I went and sat in a new location I was pretty jazzed about. Slow start but did not disappoint. No bucks to speak of, couple little basket 8's, but had 15 does pass between 5:30 and 7:30. I anticipate it getting a little better once the acorns start falling. It is a big oak thicket on a ridge between some hairy thick stuff and the big open hay meadows. Hunting another new spot tonight that I have no idea what to anticipate. I found about the only tree big enough to hang a stand in this little 320 spot that must have a north wind. Winds currently turning from south to north and should be complete by 5pm for an evening sit.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Middle of October, 83*, howling North wind.........all to the sounds of cicadas. Does and fawns been moving about for the last 30 minutes or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom