Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to be shooting every doe I get the opportunity to. Passed too many shots on does waiting on bucks before. I'll maintain a standard on bucks, but does are all fair game. Need meat in the freezer with very limited opportunities to hunt.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
2 yotes and a doe, no shots. Beautiful evening out with myself, daughter and a zillion crickets.........which is way better than a zillion gnats.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1 possum and a doe ~10 yards out of reach...she was walking on eggshells. Must have been the wonderful fellers in the parkinlot laying on their horn while hootn n hollerin. Jackasses. Nonetheless a nice evening in the trees at Lake Thunderbird. I also saw lot's of crickets, two crawled up my neck and onto my face!!

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great evening to be in the woods. My son got out of the hospital last night after being in for a coupe days and we got to spend this evening in the blind. He was planning a big escape because he wasn't missing opening day.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw three bucks and a doe with a fawn this evening, and I passed on what we're calling the tall tined 10 pt. I had him at 22 yards broad side with the crosshairs on his vitals, and I watched him for over 30 minutes. He's actually bigger than I thought, but he's not the buck I'm after.

Here he is when he finally came to the corn.
PIC-48.JPG

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Does, coons, and yotes this evening. Almost dead calm which is usually a killer for me as far as seeing any deer numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom