Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public land bruiser! Very nice.

I hate to say it, but looking at the weather forecast, there's probably gonna be a few hunters down in SEOK get into trouble driving/walking through floodwater this weekend if this forecast pans out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Hopefully Blake Shelton will be around to help them out. Lol

Radicalman64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for posting. Some great looking deer and even better stories.
I don't know if what I am looking for is available, but I have to ask. I would like to have a place to hunt rifle primarily, but some bow that is not too far from the Bass Pro in Tulsa. I don't currently have a stand or blind so I would be on foot. I am okay with a decent walk though. I am also wanting a safe place. So, if you would be willing to share some options with me, please pm me. I have only been hunting deer for 4 years since I moved to Tulsa. I process my own deer and try to put up enough meet so I don't have to buy beef.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this one on Black Kettle WMA yesterday afternoon. 12 point, main frame 10 with split brow tines. Put a 155 gr A Max (that I loaded) out of my 308 right in the point of his shoulder as he was facing/quartering towards me at around 125-150 yards. He ran a a half circle for maybe 30-40 yards and crashed out. Not sure on weight, figured around 150 or so dressed, plenty enough for the 1/4 mile drag! Just glad to get it done before the crappy weather hit here today-Saturday.

Beautiful buck Clint! That's a wall hanger for sure. Congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom