Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I was out this morning, I can't go again till Wednesday. Went Saturday evening and didn't see any deer, went all day yesterday, great day to be in the stand. Saw 9 does and 2 bucks yesterday morning, had 2 does come right under my stand, couldn't shoot because one of them had me pegged so I took a photo instead. Right after that a decent young 8 point comes busting in 15 yards from my stand and chases the two does hard back into the timber, 5 minutes later the does come running back by with the 8 hot on their heels along with another smaller 8 point. Then the two bucks start hooking it up and fight for about 3-5 minutes. Good stuff. Had one other doe run by looking all crazy but the rest were just calmly walking to their beds. Last night I saw a doe and fawn being followed by a forkie but nothing major. Didn't see any big bucks on their feet, but it seems like it could get really good any day now.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dennis I will take either one given the chance. I really would like to get the 6 point he is 7 or 8 year old he never has had a very big rack. But we have been in a drought as you know for the last several years. But this year we had plenty of rain so I thought he might be pretty good this year but nope he went down hill he has always been a 8 but this year he is a 6. We call him stubs because he has a very short tail.

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put out my first bag of rice bran this morning and I can't wait to see the results. Around 6:30 i had a buck grunting to the north of me but i never saw him. So far the only excitement I have had is when a squirrel almost hopped in my lap. I also got to watch a fox for a bit but that has been the extent of it so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom