Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't even went outside yet, 29* and a 21 mph North wind here, with ice and snow on the ground, think I will inhabit my reloading room til Sunday and get some rounds done, not a doe worth this weather!

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be out this afternoon, all day tomorrow, and Sunday morning. Time is hard to come by, so I gotta use it when I got it.
Granted, i will be in SEOK where the temps aren't as low... probably won't see snow there.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be out this afternoon, all day tomorrow, and Sunday morning. Time is hard to come by, so I gotta use it when I got it.
Granted, i will be in SEOK where the temps aren't as low... probably won't see snow there.

I'd much rather see ice & snow. It's a lot easier to stay dry and warm at 25 degrees vs 34 degrees and raining.

Taking today off. I'll be out all day tomorrow and Sunday morning.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd much rather see ice & snow. It's a lot easier to stay dry and warm at 25 degrees vs 34 degrees and raining.

Taking today off. I'll be out all day tomorrow and Sunday morning.

Good point, I agree.
I will be camping so I am worried my tent can't support ice and snow. Ill probably sleep in the truck anyhow.

I am curious how much flooding there will be. Valleys and creeks will be very wet (i.e., standing water). I wonder how that will affect deer movement.

Last edited:

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't make it today or Sunday, so I'm gonna try to go all day tomorrow. I'll be about an hour east of OKC near Okemah, hope the roads are ok. I got 70 miles of pavement then about 2.5 miles of old dirt country road to get to the gate. My 2wd pickup isnt the best on the muddy dirt roads, I guess if I get that close I could just walk in if the truck gets stuck.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a late season blind option? Hunting from the ground and am giving up on the pop-up wind sail.
I'm thinking some t-posts and some camo burlap. I sure liked having a shield from the wind though.

Not 100% sure I'll have this land next year, so nothing too permanent (as nice as that would be).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Might give this POS one more try. I admittedly never tried guy-lines on it. Gonna put a line on every corner tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom