Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tom hanks and his wife test positive for Coronavirus.
Had been in Australia.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-coronavirus-1203531498/
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have announced that they have tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus), the first celebrities to go public with a diagnosis.

Hanks and Wilson, both 63, revealed the news with a statement on Wednesday. The married couple was in Australia for production of Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Elvis Presley movie, in which Hanks is playing Presley’s iconic manager Colonel Tom Parker.

Read the statement below:

“Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive.

Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?

We’ll keep the world posted and updated.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The economic impact from this virus (under reaction or over reaction) will apparently be significant. Grinding the entertainment and travel industries to a halt can't be good. Not to mention the impact on the importation of electronics, And medication ingredients and supplies from China. Couple this with the current oil price war between Russia and OPEC, we could be in for some tough and uncertain times.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't wanna be that "sky is falling" guy, but this is getting more serious than some folks realize. :/

The economic impact of this is going to be massive. Actually, it already is. And I'm not talking in a good way. I am one who sort of scoffed at the media's apparent over reaction to the corona virus at first, but real, concrete things are happening now at a geometric pace that are turning us upside down. Schools closing, events cancelled, so many working from home on a huge scale. Our lives will all be negatively affected by how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom