Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beware of throwing the baby out with the bathwater....I hear some in other threads essentially saying it is all political nonsense that we should ignore. They are mistaken.
The facts are that part of the death toll is false for financial reasons. If a person is decapitated in a car accident and post mortum is found to be covid positive, it's a covid related death.
I know that example is extreme but there is a HUGE difference between dying because of a virus or dying with a virus. Financially in this atmosphere it makes no difference to the medical community that get government money for covid treatment.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got admitted to the ICU in serious condition. I'm not improving and my oxygen demand continues to rise. Kinda running out of treatments and time. Started convalescent plasma and remdesivir. Had a PICC line placed. Big win today is I pooped! Im hanging in there, but I'm scarred. Any thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated. Love you all, thanks for being here.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Keep fighting! Let us know when you make the turn to being healthy!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The facts are that part of the death toll is false for financial reasons. If a person is decapitated in a car accident and post mortum is found to be covid positive, it's a covid related death.
I know that example is extreme but there is a HUGE difference between dying because of a virus or dying with a virus. Financially in this atmosphere it makes no difference to the medical community that get government money for covid treatment.

Actually I know of a case that this almost exact scenario happened in. A co-worker's husband had a motorcycle wreck. He was in ICU. The hospital said he tested positive for COVID even though neither he nor his wife were symptomatic. No one in their immediate family tested positive. She did not test positive. He was the only positive. He died a few days after the accident. COVID was listed as the cause of death.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I know of a case that this almost exact scenario happened in. A co-worker's husband had a motorcycle wreck. He was in ICU. The hospital said he tested positive for COVID even though neither he nor his wife were symptomatic. No one in their immediate family tested positive. She did not test positive. He was the only positive. He died a few days after the accident. COVID was listed as the cause of death.
Its common because the hospitals are making what I heard was up to $40,000 per death if it was reported that covid was involved, not just the cause of death, but if it was involved.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its common because the hospitals are making what I heard was up to $40,000 per death if it was reported that covid was involved, not just the cause of death, but if it was involved.
I know that state agencies are asked to keep track of any COVID related expenses so they can be reimbursed. ....I suspect hospitals may be similar. Each state got a big pot of money and needs to spend it. So maybe the the inflated COVID numbers are unintentional rather than a conspiracy.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got admitted to the ICU in serious condition. I'm not improving and my oxygen demand continues to rise. Kinda running out of treatments and time. Started convalescent plasma and remdesivir. Had a PICC line placed. Big win today is I pooped! Im hanging in there, but I'm scarred. Any thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated. Love you all, thanks for being here.

Prayers and best wishes....hope you see improvement and relief soon!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that state agencies are asked to keep track of any COVID related expenses so they can be reimbursed. ....I suspect hospitals may be similar. Each state got a big pot of money and needs to spend it. So maybe the the inflated COVID numbers are unintentional rather than a conspiracy.
It's not a conspiracy......

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Rest up and get well. Prayers sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom