Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people are wondering if this is the 2nd time around for this virus and they just did not catch it the first time. It would help explain how it spreads so quickly since it is already mutated to infect humans. Some people are thinking about the bad, unexplained cough, flu like symptoms, etc they had last year and the cause did not show up in test.
I know when I first got sick last year they ran all kinds of test and never could figure out what caused it. The CDC even got involved. A lot of the symptoms I had are the same as the Chinese Flu symptoms. So maybe it did start last year.
I been wondering that in Nov. I had a long lasting dry cough and fever for part of it. The cough lasted 4-5 weeks and fever was low grade for a week of less.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I been wondering that in Nov. I had a long lasting dry cough and fever for part of it. The cough lasted 4-5 weeks and fever was low grade for a week of less.

You are not alone. I have heard the same from half a dozen others with the same thing.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I've not been scared of this virus. But I am increasingly scared of what will happen in the next few weeks. At my wife's job they have let go 1/3 of their work force either by layoffs or severance packages for those there more than 15 years. I'm pretty sure my wife is safe, she only has two years in and is 1 of 4 in her department that handles her cases for all of the US. But I know several others who have lost their job or are on furlough as their place of business is shut down.

I look at California and wonder how that state will survive with all those people out of work (though they brought it on themselves with the government that voted in, I don't wish anyone ill will, karma has a way of smacking me for it). Then I see how people are panic shopping and I've heard of a few houses getting broke into for food.

For the first time since I became an adult, I am actually afraid of the unknown.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 I had symptoms like that two years ago - dry hacky cough that last over a month’s time.
I had a dry cough for almost two months while down in TX. Nothing serious, just a light cough once in awhile with a little flem afterwards. Thought it was allergy from all the blooming orchards that surrounded us.
Turned out to be an inner ear infection. There are some tiny tubes that run from the inner ear to the back of the throat called the Eustachian tubes. Local DR after coming home advised to use a warm salt water gargle, and some OTC cough suppressant for those with high blood pressure that are taking meds to keep it in check. After a few days, it was gone.
With all of this virus stuff going around, one of the symptoms being a cough, I stayed the heck away from everybody in fear of being reported.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I've not been scared of this virus. But I am increasingly scared of what will happen in the next few weeks. At my wife's job they have let go 1/3 of their work force either by layoffs or severance packages for those there more than 15 years. I'm pretty sure my wife is safe, she only has two years in and is 1 of 4 in her department that handles her cases for all of the US. But I know several others who have lost their job or are on furlough as their place of business is shut down.

I look at California and wonder how that state will survive with all those people out of work (though they brought it on themselves with the government that voted in, I don't wish anyone ill will, karma has a way of smacking me for it). Then I see how people are panic shopping and I've heard of a few houses getting broke into for food.

For the first time since I became an adult, I am actually afraid of the unknown.

I have to admit I am more afraid of how people are reacting than I am of the virus. To the point I am wearing my favorite gun around the house when the wife is asleep at night. She thinks it is safe but I still feel better with a 357 on my hip.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
3c4f1d4c419ce18b3a7834fe522e2657.jpg

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just be prepared. Sleep tight, keep a pet that will wake you up in the middle of the night when something goes bump, and keep a shovel handy for when city services go belly up and you have to dig a pit for an outhouse.(I wish I hadn't given in to my builder when he said It would be better to install an aerobic system instead of digging a leech trench or pit.)(I also wish I hadn't thrown out all those yellow page/phone books I was saving for just this sort of emergency. I had somewhere close to 12 of them.)

Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom