Official druryj Pay it Forward exchange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to offer up a TV I no longer need. I could sell it, but honestly, I want to give it away, and it isn't going to bring much anyways.

This is a 2009 model Panasonic 55" G10 plasma. This may or may not come with the stand and box - I will have to look in the attic tomorrow maybe to see if we still have it - odds are good, my wife loves to keep all the boxes.

Now, plasma is a great tech, but has pretty much disappeared. This will generate some heat, yes. The picture is fantastic, and even after years of use, there is NO burn-in/image retention that I can see. I did a TON of research when I bought this and it was essentially the highest-rated plasma at the time behind Panasonic's V10 lineup and the previously-discontinued Pioneer Kuro line. If you know anything about plasma, you know the Kuros were the absolute pinnacle - like the Colt Python of TVs. At the time. Now outdated, yes, but still a fantastic picture on this TV.

It's HEAVY. It's around 90 pounds, if I remember right. It was a pain. It is currently being used by my son in our second living room, works perfectly and again, has no burn-in or image retention. I broke it in methodically and properly with an SD card loaded with images of various colors running day and night for several days, as was the recommended method back then. It worked perfectly and I have had zero problems.

I really hate to get rid of this, honestly - it's a fabulous picture, and the blacks are incredible - way better than the 65" and 75" LCDs that replaced it. It is NOT super bright - plasmas aren't - but if your room isn't super bright, the picture is fine. My son uses it in a room with 3 large west-facing bay windows and it is still easily viewable, but for those who don't know, plasmas really REALLY shine in a room with controlled lighting. The black levels really have no comparison, even on modern day high end LCDs/LEDs. The new super expensive OLEDs are pretty close. It's a 1080p, not a 4k, BTW. They didn't have 4k back then.

I paid $1900 for this TV when I bought it. Again, that was in 2009. No guarantees beyond the fact that it works NOW. On my wall. Comes with remote and power cord, at least. Maybe box and stand.

The catch is, you gotta come get it in Bartlesville. Don't plan on laying it down to move, it will break the glass, because they are so heavy. This isn't even recommended with mid-size LCDs, but certainly not with larger TV and especially plasmas. I will help you box it and load it. But bring a pickup - plan on transporting it standing vertically, or you will be sorry when you get it home to find the glass broken and it is unrepairable at this point, probably. Anything else goes out, a board or something, you might can get a replacement on Ebay or something, but not the glass. I seriously doubt it.

So... someone looking for a serious picture-quality TV, of moderate size for a moderate room, this is a fabulous TV for movie night. I want someone to enjoy it. I would use it as a computer monitor if it wasn't for the burn-in issue and the fact that it is WASTED for that. And The Wife won't let me put it next to my 75" as a secondary TV. :( I mean, come on... how cool would that be, right?

So.... I hope someone local can use this awesome TV, or I'll donate it to the shelter or something.

<edit> I forgot to add - I would like to get rid of it this weekend. So, like Thursday anytime, really. Friday after 12. Or the weekend, if we don't end up making plans. PM me here and I will give you my cell and we can text to work it out.

<EDIT> SPOKEN FOR, SHOULD BE GONE THIS WEEKEND.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of us poor saps do not own a cell phone and never have owned one.
No texting I suppose means no sale :)
I go to buy parts used and people tell me text me when you get close and I will give you directions.
Yea I must write them down on paper and make my own map.
I do google map it out on the desktop though so I am not totally in the dark.
Happy Thanks Giving to all.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of us poor saps do not own a cell phone and never have owned one.
No texting I suppose means no sale :)
I go to buy parts used and people tell me text me when you get close and I will give you directions.
Yea I must write them down on paper and make my own map.
I do google map it out on the desktop though so I am not totally in the dark.
Happy Thanks Giving to all.

No cell phone? But but but...that means no instant access to Google? Or Tapatalk, so OSA is never that hard to get to. Man, I hate to say it, but my cell phone is always within reach. Unless it isn’t. And then I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Cause I usually leave it unprotected and of course, were it to fall into the wrong hands, it could be catastrophic. Maybe I should get rid of the thing after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel fine without a cell phone and many times wonder why I even have a house phone.
Kind of hate that thing also.

Does a flip phone count as a cell phone? No Google or any of that stuff, just a small phone I take with me and turn on if I break down and need to call for help.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does a flip phone count as a cell phone? No Google or any of that stuff, just a small phone I take with me and turn on if I break down and need to call for help.
Same here. I turn it on to check the battery more than for anything else.

No internet, but it does receive texts... so I suppose it could send 'em too. Never tried. :D

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a great deal for someone who has an LG V10. A case (the black one), four glass screen protectors, a belt clip (only one included), a battery, and two chargers for the battery are available. The battery may fit another phone so if you know it will you are free to it if you don't need the rest of it. I also have a case for a Nexus 5 it is the purple one. If someone can use it they are free to it all or part.

20181126_190416.jpg 20181126_190649.jpg 20181126_190653.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom