OK ID no longer suitable for getting on planes or into federal buildings...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is the concealed license would suffice, I hope

That would be my understanding as well, in fact would be better than a passport IMHO since you have to have your fingerprints taken to get it. But don't plan to do any flying any time soon anyway, would rather drive and enjoy the trip.

Nifrost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanna get in a federal bldg or on a plane? Just walk in, state you're from a S American country and that you are afraid for your safety......no ID is needed at all. As a matter of fact, they'll move you to the front of the line and you'll even fly for free!

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also funny is to present a passport card or passport when being ID'd in a bar or store. They don't know what to do with it and have even been challenged that it's not a valid ID for purchasing alcohol. Again, only when I have time to deal with the aftermath.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is funny that they are worried about the OK DL being faked, but I have not ever seen a "good" fake OK DL. I have seen a bunch of fake IDs from other states that look just like their state IDs. Arizona is a bad one. There are several other north eastern states. The micro printing on the OK DL as well as some of the other security features make them difficult to fake.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
States rights trump this BS. This should go to the supreme court and be overturned. The fed can't pass a law that infringes on state laws without a constitutional amendment. This is an end run to establishing a federal ID system, which will serve to further erode states rights as well as serve as a way to grant illegals amnesty without actually granting them amnesty.

This. The feds already blinked once. The only relevant question is who will blink next...

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fed, however, does not have the authority to bar citizens from getting on airplanes because they don't like the way the state issues their ID. Without a federalized ID system, they can't bar it, period. This was a knee-jerk reaction to 911, and yet again is proving how the terrorists won that day.

Um, why can't the feds set the rules for who can and cannot enter into federally controlled areas? Doesn't the FAA and other alphabet soup agencies govern the airline industry in terms of who can and cannot fly? Other than control of the airports, which is a state/local issue, hasn't regulation of flight always been a federal issue?

It seems like this ruling, which i personally disagree with, just sets out the requirements for accessing federally controlled areas. If the feds stated that you must show two forms of ID to fly, would we be angry that they are violating 'states rights'?

Latest posts

Top Bottom