Ok...stupid question time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was so pleased with the two Chip McCormick "Power Mag +" magazines I ordered, that I ordered another one the other day.

Well, it came in today and I was inserted it, it went in fine, but when I hit the button, it only popped out about an inch or so.

:scratch:

So, I tried it again...and again...and again...same thing.

:scratch: :scratch:

I unloaded my other two mags and tried them. They jumped out of the pistol the way they are suppossed to.

I loaded the new mag, inserted it, pushed the button and it flew out like it is suppossed to. I unloaded 4 of the 8 rounds - same thing. I left one round in it, sho' nuff - popped right out. I took that round out and again it stuck in the pistol, coming out about an inch.

What's up with this mag? Should I send it back or will this go away after I fire a few rounds thru it? :pissed:

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it kind of a tight fit or at least a tighter fit then the other mags? If so, the mag might be out of spec a tad so the added weight of the ammo is just enough to overcome the slight sticking.

On a side note, I use the 8rd power mags in my Springfield Champion. Powermags are the only mags I will use in a 1911.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it kind of a tight fit or at least a tighter fit then the other mags? If so, the mag might be out of spec a tad so the added weight of the ammo is just enough to overcome the slight sticking.

On a side note, I use the 8rd power mags in my Springfield Champion. Powermags are the only mags I will use in a 1911.

That's what's so weird. It goes in just as easily as the other two, it just won't leap out all the way. :scratch:

Oh well...I'll just use it as a belt carry mag in a single mag pouch. If I empty one mag, dump it and then shove this one in, I won't be dumping it for another when the slide locks. I'll either be going for my BUG, running like hell, or pushing up daisies. :rolleyes2

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what's so weird. It goes in just as easily as the other two, it just won't leap out all the way. :scratch:

Oh well...I'll just use it as a belt carry mag in a single mag pouch. If I empty one mag, dump it and then shove this one in, I won't be dumping it for another when the slide locks. I'll either be going for my BUG, running like hell, or pushing up daisies. :rolleyes2

If I were you, I would exchange it. It's not worth keeping a questionable mag if your life is depending on it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've found this to be pretty common among various magazine manufacturers. You could return it but there is no guarantee that a replacement will function any better. Occasionally, I've seen grip screw bushings or the screws themselves that have extended to far into the magwell and created drag on the magazine.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've found this to be pretty common among various magazine manufacturers. You could return it but there is no guarantee that a replacement will function any better. Occasionally, I've seen grip screw bushings or the screws themselves that have extended to far into the magwell and created drag on the magazine.

Tru dat. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom