OKCGC USPSA Match in Arcadia 05/07/11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Email from John Bent:

It’s that time again – time to run ‘n gun at Oklahoma City Gun Club. Our monthly match is Saturday and we’ll start sign-in about 9:15. We’re planning 7 stages --- got them all sitting on the computer.

The Sand Witches will be there to provide a lunch, and I understand that Mitch Harrington of J&K Bullet fame will have a table if anyone needs to stock up on bullets…. One good reason might be the 2011 OK Limited & Production Championship at the end of the month as a matter of fact. Speaking of which: There are still slots available, but get ‘em in soon. I’m placing the shirt order shortly – they look pretty cool.

I’ll be setting stages on Friday, starting about “1PM-ish”. Help is always welcome. I haven’t checked the weather yet.

We are aware that Saturday is also the club picnic. Yes, we are still having the match; no, we are not planning to close down at noon. We’ve decided to run a full match, same as always. More than half our shooters are not gun club members anyway and I just can’t bring myself to cancel a match unless we really have no choice.

Hope to see you this weekend!!

John Bent

This is one of the best, if not THE best, matches in the state. See you guys there!

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My rule of thumb: (number of stages + 1)*30 + 50 = how much ammo I bring to the match. I always bring ammo back to the house. The 50 are for a buddy in need, since I've borrowed ammo before.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My rule of thumb: (number of stages + 1)*30 + 50 = how much ammo I bring to the match. I always bring ammo back to the house. The 50 are for a buddy in need, since I've borrowed ammo before.

The round count is usually around 150-200. I always take 300 just to be safe.

^^^ These!

I took 200 rounds a couple of matches back, and due to reshooting a stage, I ran about 20 or so rounds short. Thanks to Strokin04 who loaned me a few more rounds, I was able to finish the match.

Edit to add: After last weekend's High Cap Hose Down I'm pumped about this match. Two awesome matches on back to back weekends. It don't get much better than that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom