Okla Gun Range Sued for Not Allowing Muslims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Five women suffered prolonged miscarriages, severe infections and emotional trauma at Mercy Health Partners in Michigan when staff neglected patients’ health to uphold religious directives forbidding them to terminate pregnancy unless the mother is in grave condition
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...en-miscarriage-abortion-mercy-health-partners

^^^^^^Some of you will probably hold a cookout to celebrate this one.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Unfortunately"?

It's unfortunate to you that when business owners choose to conduct business with the public that they do so without prejudice?

Say a firefighter with a private fire department or an ER surgeon at a private hospital denies you help simply because you're Christian. Is that okay?

It is unfortunate that people are threatened with force for engaging in a peaceful activity (choosing who they will and will not associate with). "Open to the public?" The guy doesn't want to be open to the public... he only wants to be open to the part of the public that he chooses to be open to. What significance does "open to the public" have anyway? In a free society, a person can be open to the whole public, none of the public, or any part of the public he wants to be.

"Okay" is a slippery word, since many modern Americans see no distinction between their personal feelings and what should be imposed on everyone through threat of violence. To clarify things, I would think it would be outrageous for a hospital or fire service to discriminate in that way, and would be pretty pissed if it happened to me... but at the same time I wouldn't believe that violence would be morally justified to force them into involuntary servitude for me.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that people are threatened with force for engaging in a peaceful activity (choosing who they will and will not associate with). "Open to the public?" The guy doesn't want to be open to the public... he only wants to be open to the part of the public that he chooses to be open to. What significance does "open to the public" have anyway? In a free society, a person can be open to the whole public, none of the public, or any part of the public he wants to be.

"Okay" is a slippery word, since many modern Americans see no distinction between their personal feelings and what should be imposed on everyone through threat of violence. To clarify things, I would think it would be outrageous for a hospital or fire service to discriminate in that way, and would be pretty pissed if it happened to me... but at the same time I wouldn't believe that violence would be morally justified to force them into involuntary servitude for me.

Exactly!

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One is a business that doesn't want to serve a certain segment of the population because of the business owner's personal beliefs, and the other is a.......... I see your point.

As an atheist I've bought meat from a halal deli. Good thing the owner serves his halal wares to all segments of the population.

Latest posts

Top Bottom