Oklahoma City police chief discusses concerns regarding permitless carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gawd how I despise Legalese! "construed to authorize", "construed to prevent", "Notwithstanding", "is otherwise not disqualified from". Dahellduzzatmean?

This is why I keep hoping that Dave (one of our resident attorneys) will read it and clue us in.

36 pages of that gave me a headache, and I used to deal with statutes every day, 5 days a week.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read the entire thing, and I'm confused. There is still wording in there about licensing and permissions, etc.
I didn't like the wording on page 9 that says Judges, lawyers, and select county employees can carry firearms into courtrooms, etc.
That creates a special class of protected gun owners that us commoners don't get to enjoy. I guess their personal protection is more important that ours?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gawd how I despise Legalese! "construed to authorize", "construed to prevent", "Notwithstanding", "is otherwise not disqualified from". Dahellduzzatmean?

It means that if some people interpret this law meaning that they can also carry rifles openly in public, it’s going to cause problems for the rest of us who enjoy the right to carry quietly and peacefully, which is what we wanted in the first place. There are those out there who hate every person who even looks at a gun. Think of their reaction when they see someone with a rifle. Lots of 911 calls to the cops who have better things to do and then they start lobbying to get our rights taken away again.

I remember when open carry became legal. There was an article on the news showing a group in a restaurant and one of them had a Mares leg lever action strapped to his leg. It may have been legal, but I thought it was embarrassing and looked bad for the rest of us. A really fine example of open carry.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when open carry became legal. There was an article on the news showing a group in a restaurant and one of them had a Mares leg lever action strapped to his leg. It may have been legal, but I thought it was embarrassing and looked bad for the rest of us. A really fine example of open carry.

That was posted on here and subject to much discussion. The Mare's leg was actually illegal for carry at the time (Handgun definition back then included less than 16" OAL, now it reads barrel of less than 16")...but nobody called the guy out on it, including the open carry advocates who put the gathering together.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...t-beverlys-pancake-house.155186/#post-1972863

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew it probably was and that others would remember it too. To me, it screams the image and example that we don’t want to be seen as.

Latest posts

Top Bottom