See you at Burning Man 2018!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well....Mama(wife) and I have been having the "Vegas desert" withdrawal for sometime now.

Soooooooo...my wife has never been to Burning Man and since we're heading out that way....might as well spend a day or two out there with some of out friends from Vegas...jus a day or two at the most.

Yes, we know that over the years it has gone completely insane but she wants to "run wild" in the desert and unload the shackles of work for a week or two....and spend a few days with the crazy train folks before returning to Vegas. **Me...I want to sneak on the worksite of the Vegas Raiders and collect a little jar of soil to stick on the shelf.**

Sunday, 26 August -Tuesday, 4 September.

:sunbath:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a blast man. We went a few years ago. While you see exactly what you'd expect of people having too much fun in the desert, there was also a ton of ridiculously awesome science.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to go. Read so much about burning man events. It used to be a hedonistic event, but to the chagrin of some of the original founders, its became a place to be. Hollywood types with their glam camps, etc are taking over.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish you a great trip without any sandstorms!! I attended about 15 years ago and sandstorms will deposit sand where it has no right to be…….. No matter how far 'off-kilter' you think you are, well, you won't even make honorable mention on the playa!!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is this, I have never heard of it?
Sounds like a really big orgy.

"Once a year, tens of thousands of people gather in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert to create Black Rock City, a temporary metropolis dedicated to community, art, self-expression, and self-reliance. In this crucible of creativity, all are welcome."

Anyway, the "tens of thousands of people" puts it off for me right off the bat.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a really big orgy.

"Once a year, tens of thousands of people gather in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert to create Black Rock City, a temporary metropolis dedicated to community, art, self-expression, and self-reliance. In this crucible of creativity, all are welcome."

Anyway, the "tens of thousands of people" puts it off for me right off the bat.
Your objecting to #10 grade women covered in paint naked with a gas mask on and dragging an effigy of their spouse walking through your camp?
Never been but the stories I read coming out of that place are awesome. I'm a people watcher and that place is the place to be if your into it. Quirky people abound.

Latest posts

Top Bottom