Oklahoma Criminal Records

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a way to find out about a person's (now long-deceased) criminal records from the 1920's? My maternal grandfather served time in prison during this period, and I don't know how to go about finding his record.

How would I go about finding this out?

Thanks for any help.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with JB. Go in person and tell them what you are looking for. You very well may find a bored clerk interested in the story that will really help you out... Especially with something that old and it being a female. Was it a small county?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe go to the county courthouse in which he was convicted and also contact the facility where he served time.
Thank you, sir. I'll have to go to Enid one of these days anyway, so I'll stop in at the Garfield County courthouse and see what they have. The problem is that I really don't know what county he was convicted in, but it was likely Garfield or Kay. I know it wasn't Grant, because I checked there and he served numerous short stretches in the Grant County Jail, they show no records of felony convictions for him at all.

Thanks again.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with JB. Go in person and tell them what you are looking for. You very well may find a bored clerk interested in the story that will really help you out... Especially with something that old and it being a female. Was it a small county?
most grandfathers are men fyi

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, most are still men, but not all, not with some of the family-units you see these days.
He was certainly a man, and he died in 1959. I am just curious to know what he was convicted of. One of my uncles says it was one thing and another tells me it was something else.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was Kay, I know they've put a lot of their old case numbers up online where you can search it at oscn go to the non-ocis section and search by name. Might be that way for others too.

My great, great uncle had some kind of "criminal action" (that's all it says) back in 1921 and it has the case number associated. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom