Oklahoma deputy kills family dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?179430-Rise-of-the-Warrior-Cop

Gestapo or Justified?
Home occupied or not?
Dog free roaming or 'let loose'?
property posted?
girl in danger or not?
warrant issued?
single officer or more?

lots of speculation and little known facts. I believe everyone here is stating opinions based on assumptions. The answers to questions based on FACTS, hopefully, will determine the outcome of this situation.

I cannot bash or support the officer at this time.

I will inject, I have 160 acres and my dogs run free. ANYBODY driving up will be met by them. No legitimate visitor has ever been met with aggression, LE, meter readers and strangers included. Those who calmly walk to the door or meter are watched closely. Those who 'snoop' are watched VERY CLOSELY. When I'm not home I don't know, other than reports I have received of the same thing happening.

On the other hand, I have a neighbor with a VERY AGGRESSIVE pit bull which is fenced and will attack the fence when anybody other than the neighbor is present (his wife and 4yo son included). I have told him and local LE that I will shoot that dog if he is loose and on my property. I have no use or tolerance of such an animal. LE says, "justified if on my property." Owner not a friendly fellow but he has been notified by myself and LE.

The OP has too many holes to form an opinion at this point.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by RickN View Post
1) Did the LEO really shoot the dog?
2) With nobody home, do we know if the dog tried to attack the LEO and he fired to protect himself?
3) How do we know any of this is true?
4) Does anyone just have to post any bad story about cops for most of you to jump on the "Cop is guilty" bandwagon?

Quote Originally Posted by EhlerDave View Post
These questions are just what I was going to ask.

did someone really post this post?
does someone really care if this post was posted?
does anyone know its Not true?
has any other topic been argued without ALL the facts?
Really?

Is this a problem? Do I need to explain the post? I have spare time, feel free to ask if it is confusing. :)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by RickN View Post
1) Did the LEO really shoot the dog?
2) With nobody home, do we know if the dog tried to attack the LEO and he fired to protect himself?
3) How do we know any of this is true?
4) Does anyone just have to post any bad story about cops for most of you to jump on the "Cop is guilty" bandwagon?

Quote Originally Posted by EhlerDave View Post
These questions are just what I was going to ask.

Is this a problem? Do I need to explain the post? I have spare time, feel free to ask if it is confusing. :)

My apologys , are You confused , Im posting the same thing you are.

No I really Dont have time to keep repeating myself, and im not used to doing that, so , No Thanks.. ;)

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my issue:
Not all cops hate dogs, but do all dogs hate cops?
Was the dog profiling the deputy simply because he was in uniform?

Seriously: The Humane Society and ASPCA give FREE training to departments on how to handle aggressive animals. Most agencies that know about it take them up on this training because lawsuits and internal investigations after someone discharged their weapon on Death-Bringer, Yorkie of the Apocalypse gets expensive. It also helps with agency PR and interaction with the community when an officer makes contact on a homeowner's property. I am a HUGE dog-lover, yet I'll be the first to say that if a dog attacked me, was large enough to inflict serious damage and I couldn't get him off of me, BANG. That being said, too many of these "incidents" are taking place MANY of which could've been easily avoided with just a little training. I recommend people call their local LE agencies and find out what their policies are on aggressive dogs and remind them that they can get FREE training from these organizations on how to deal with the family pooch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom