Oklahoma deputy kills family dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dogs don't have souls, they don't go to Heaven. Period.

What a mean thing to say. True or not, and I will submit that your sources may be questionable, people love their dogs and some are comforted by the thought that they'll meet again at the "Rainbow Bridge," or whatever image works for them.

You didn't say whether you believe humans have souls, but there are those who would make the same argument about the existence of your soul. Period.

Spirituality is there for the comfort it provides to mortals (and often as a justification for otherwise unacceptable cruelty to others). Was your cruel remark based on religious training, or was it just mean spirited?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess asking if the girl was killed just seemed a little "out of left field", after all if she'd been harmed, or even found you'd certainly think it would have been mentioned.

Well you'd think so, but since noting was mentioned at all, it seemed like a valid question. The complaint was that we're all interested in the circumstances surrounding the need to kill the dog, but not the fate of the girl. Since the girl was 17 and there was no mention of a forcible abduction, the dog is still an important part of the incident. If verifiable information about the girl is presented otherwise, then perhaps that part of the incident will take precedence. :anyone:

What a mean thing to say. True or not, and I will submit that your sources may be questionable, people love their dogs and some are comforted by the thought that they'll meet again at the "Rainbow Bridge," or whatever image works for them.

You didn't say whether you believe humans have souls, but there are those who would make the same argument about the existence of your soul. Period.

Spirituality is there for the comfort it provides to mortals (and often as a justification for otherwise unacceptable cruelty to others). Was your cruel remark based on religious training, or was it just mean spirited?

Which is why the dog IS important to some of us. Thanks cb!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you'd think so, but since noting was mentioned at all, it seemed like a valid question. The complaint was that we're all interested in the circumstances surrounding the need to kill the dog, but not the fate of the girl. Since the girl was 17 and there was no mention of a forcible abduction, the dog is still an important part of the incident. If verifiable information about the girl is presented otherwise, then perhaps that part of the incident will take precedence. :anyone:

Agreed, I didn't mean it wasn't a valid question it just seemed to me the video I posted on page 3 answered questions regarding the circumstances about the girl. It's the circumstances of the rest of the situation that some have questions about, wonder if they'll be answered?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, I didn't mean it wasn't a valid question it just seemed to me the video I posted on page 3 answered questions regarding the circumstances about the girl. It's the circumstances of the rest of the situation that some have questions about, wonder if they'll be answered?

Sorry, I didn't watch the video (more accurately, I couldn't watch it when I read the post). :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do watch it please share your opinion.

Interesting. Outwardly, it would seem she has a rocky relationship with her parents and is willingly with an older boyfriend. That doesn't preclude her being in danger of course. There's not much more I could make of that report.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

hes just a little codpiece....... ;)

.typed one handed with my little dog sitting on my lap, he will rip your cods off if you end up where he does ... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom