Oklahoma Gun sales Question/scary story .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guntera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a scary story the other day...A gentleman sold a gun to an individual who was a decent guy. However, later on down the road that guy used the pistol in a murder. Well, the FBI came to arrest the seller of the gun since the serial number traced back to him and he had to go through a lot to prove he wasnt at the scene of the crime. He did get off, but was told for now on get a written receipt.
I've never thought of getting a receipt. I only ask to see a Oklahoma drivers license.
My concern is the guy I sold it to might be a decent OKshooters guy, but what if he or she sells the gun to someone that isnt and the serial number stills goes all the way back to me. How am I protected in Oklahoma because I dont want to meet and greet the FBI this way?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can do a bill of sale that includes the firearm's information and you both sign the document. This would cover you as a legit form of transfer.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, I always get a signed bill of sale just in case the person I sell a car to doesn't register it and blows toll gates etc. I never have a firearm.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, I always get a signed bill of sale just in case the person I sell a car to doesn't register it and blows toll gates etc. I never have a firearm.

there is a release on the title for that reason.

They found the gun at the crime scene. They ran the numbers and it traced back to the original purchaser.

ran the numbers in what? in what DB was the sellers info recorded with the serial? It's listed on the 4473 but AFAIK it is not provided during the NICS check.

Latest posts

Top Bottom