Oklahoma Highway Patrol next duty gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The P320 sure feels good. The compact is similar in size to the 19. And the trigger is really good for a striker fired gun.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SIG did pretty poorly in the military test a few years ago. Test guns had issues with reliability...prompting SIG to issue a statement on the military having too much emphasis on reliability.

A Sig pistol is fine for LEO that will go out with it clean each day for duty and not see war or 2yrs in the desert or jungle...but if you have to stake your life on something (especially from a military perspective), then Glock is the way to go...it is the AK of pistols really. I am not surprised a bit that the Sig was rejected on its ability to be reliable under stressed conditions...Of course, it must be an entirely different team doing the testing/approval of the rifles because the military is STILL using a 1950's, less reliable direct impingement rifle and even worse it's a carbine! If they had chosen a Sig gas piston rifle and a Glock pistol then they'd be best equipped for reliability under neglect & harsh conditions...

I also find it interesting that OHP chose a strike fire pistol other than Glock; why do that?...if Sig was so great, then they should use the P226...they even make an LEO DAO version...but then again I'd choose Glock :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom