Oklahoma House democrats introduce SAVE Act to curb gun violence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the per capita math. I don’t have the data readily available for cities. If we look at the per capita by city, we will see that there are very large numbers coming out of places like Chicago, LA, Philadelphia etc, and the state per capita numbers are skewed and lowered by the remaining cities in the state. The state per capita argument is not really valid. Let’s look at it by city.

That's just it, even on a per city basis its a mixed bag of red and blue cities. The biggest problem is justifiable homicides are included in that list, so its hard to say what the true score is. I will say on one list I found (can't find it again, yet) it showed DC has having the highest firearm related homicide rate (this is my surprised face... no seriously, I thought it would be Detroit or Chicago).

In essence, unless you can get the full database, weed out all but criminal homicide by firearm, you won't get a full picture.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moved back to OK from Massachusetts last year. Glad I did. I swear to y’all, I didn’t bring any of these fools with me.
I went to Umass of Amherst for a year. Its a shame the NE is mostly democrat controlled, its beautiful out that way. That fall of my freshman year was the first time I really saw leaves do a slow change and stay those colors for more than a week. I also saw my fellow schoolmates ski to class that winter lol.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the per capita math. I don’t have the data readily available for cities. If we look at the per capita by city, we will see that there are very large numbers coming out of places like Chicago, LA, Philadelphia etc, and the state per capita numbers are skewed and lowered by the remaining cities in the state. The state per capita argument is not really valid. Let’s look at it by city.
Detroit, Chicago, DC, New Orleans. By per capita those are at the top. i’m not sure about LA but I bet it’s up there.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe someone should check the demographics of these murders and the percentage numbers of the demographics. Bet ya money there are some eye opening statistics that will come out of the research
The FBI statistics don’t look good for the black or brown demographics if we are going by capita

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's just it, even on a per city basis its a mixed bag of red and blue cities. The biggest problem is justifiable homicides are included in that list, so its hard to say what the true score is. I will say on one list I found (can't find it again, yet) it showed DC has having the highest firearm related homicide rate (this is my surprised face... no seriously, I thought it would be Detroit or Chicago).

In essence, unless you can get the full database, weed out all but criminal homicide by firearm, you won't get a full picture.

I think I was reading somewhere that the DC number was the highest "per capita" in firearms deaths. That said, it becomes that because DC's population is much less than the other cities.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I was reading somewhere that the DC number was the highest "per capita" in firearms deaths. That said, it becomes that because DC's population is much less than the other cities.
This is true. They have just over 700k people living there, with a population density of just under 11k people per square mile. As a city goes, they are not that dense, would rank around 100 if they compared it to other cities. But their murder rate is much higher than other cities with the same population density.

Latest posts

Top Bottom