Oklahoma Morel Mushroom Hunting 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We looked in the sandy, oaks, and cedars of eastern Major Co. for about three hours this afternoon, came home with several.............ticks.

okiebuckout

Marksman
Reaction score
Since my In-laws don't frequent this site, I will tell you to try around Arcadia lake. They usually look for them while they are on trail rides out there. A couple years ago I went with them and we collected about 4 plastic sacks full. Being from Edmond, you are just around the corner from the lake.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its all over by April 15, & or when the large trees put on leaves & shade the the ground,and the soil temperture drops. This all folk lour from grand parents. This is central Ok. I know the season is much later in Michigan.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Found these in Major Co. today.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_545_1332722452474.jpg

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel so bad...before I knew what these were and how rare they were, one day I came home from work and my step daughter had harvested a giant pile of them from my front yard in Norman and I got onto her for it...I was concerned that they could have been poisonous and I discarded them...then I later learned what they were and wished I'd kept them. I was right to be concerned for her because she did not know what they were either, but i still feel bad about it.

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amcardon, soon I hope. Last year was hard on them out where I live Hydro, OK in Western OK. Only found about a bag full normally a dozen bags a year out here on the sandy banks of Deer Creek.

Latest posts

Top Bottom