Oklahoma Nursing home carry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mother has been in a nursing home in Altus, Oklahoma for the past 6 years with Alzheimer's. I used to never have to worry about disarming myself to go see her until about 4 or 5 years ago when they posted a sign. One of the nurses mentioned it had been purchased by a liberal and that was the reason. I always carried at my fathers assisted living facility until he passed away 2 years ago and it's only across the alley. Recently one of the the head nurses suggested I'd be able to scrape the No Gun Zone sticker off because they were going to be under new ownership. I said I'd be happy to scrap the sign and clean the front door. Now she said there is a law saying that nursing homes are no carry zones here but I cannot find any information confirming that. Can anyone point me to a directive saying that for Oklahoma or something that would prove me right. I hate disarming myself to see my mother.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No law that I know of...unless the nursing home is owned by the state.

I'd stop talking to employees about it and quietly do what you think you need to do...

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now she said there is a law saying that nursing homes are no carry zones here but I cannot find any information confirming that. Can anyone point me to a directive saying that for Oklahoma or something that would prove me right.

There is no mention of nursing homes in the SDA. You can't prove a negative. I've talked to several in the medical field that believe the SDA prohibits carry in all medical facilities and that's just wrong.

If you're talking about the one I know in Altus, that sign gets ignored a lot. With the clarification to the SDA, all the private owner can do is ask you to leave, which you should then do.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no mention of nursing homes in the SDA. You can't prove a negative. I've talked to several in the medical field that believe the SDA prohibits carry in all medical facilities and that's just wrong.

If you're talking about the one I know in Altus, that sign gets ignored a lot. With the clarification to the SDA, all the private owner can do is ask you to leave, which you should then do.

I've known several police officers who believed that. lol.

Truth is truth - medical facilities of any kind are not prohibited places by the SDA.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to thank you all for your responses. I just can't abide a liberal that is full of BS and tries to push their thoughts on everyone else. While at the hospital today picking up my wife after getting her hip replaced there was a bit on Fox News about a news crew that went to Harvard or Yale with a fake petition asking people to repeal the First Amendment. Out of 100 only 15 refused to sign it. Just think of what that means to this country? Our "schools" of higher learning are failing at their job and turning out a bunch if dangerous idiots.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to thank you all for your responses. I just can't abide a liberal that is full of BS and tries to push their thoughts on everyone else. While at the hospital today picking up my wife after getting her hip replaced there was a bit on Fox News about a news crew that went to Harvard or Yale with a fake petition asking people to repeal the First Amendment. Out of 100 only 15 refused to sign it. Just think of what that means to this country? Our "schools" of higher learning are failing at their job and turning out a bunch if dangerous idiots.

Yup, I think that was at Yale. Buncha morons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom