Oklahoma Shooters. I bid you farewell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You absolutely cannot take a Baptist fishing with you. He will drink all your beer.

Take two, then neither of them will drink any.
This is the way I heard it.

There are three guarantees in the world of religion:
*Protestants will NEVER recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian Church.
*The Jews will NEVER recognize Jesus as a Messiah.
*And two old Baptists will NEVER recognize each other in the liquor store.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think all religious groups fit that mold. The best and worst people I’ve ever met have been at church.
This!

My stepmother had use all baptized Catholics back when they made us were the white robe and get dunked. Best friends growing up were all Jehovah witness. Dad did not care what religion as long as he could tell his sad story of being made to wear girl's clothes by his alcoholic mother. Every single one of them drank all weekend and would screw anything if you held it still for them.

On the flip side some of the most moral, upstanding, kindest people I have even met have been from a church.

On a side note: if you are a young boy and put in a cold baptismal pool, you may pee. If so you are going straight to Hell. My step mother told me so. I guess I will see you there.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im just now getting accustomed to men having vaginas, I don’t think I’m ready for a world where some people who believe In the death and resurrection of Christ aren’t christian.

ETA: Well, not accustomed to it in the biblical sense, but you now…

Last edited:

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a religious thread from the first post, it was even stated so in the title, quickly it became one denomination believes one thing, one believes another which despite ruffling feathers, has a bearing on one's answer to Saddlebum's question. Saddlebum asked what everyone's thoughts were from Christ believers, and they were given. Could have been moved to the Religious forum I guess, Saddlebum knows that forum exists as well though, and that's not where he started it. There are currently two Religious forums to choose from actually, and yet there are two Prayer threads in the General Discussion forum right now, one has actively been there since 12/18/20 and the other since yesterday morning, and I know there's been several other threads asking for prayer over the last few months (including Saddlebum's prayer thread), and nobody has asked for them to be moved.

As far as moving comments into a new thread, I'm not sure we've ever done that, but correct me if I'm mistaken. We've merged similar threads many times, but to my knowledge we've not taken comments from one thread and just started a new thread with them.
Religion and Politics don't mix.

Reactions: JD8

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it funny that some of y’all say you’re offended by what I said about Catholics but then you get on here and call me stupid and and idiot. Or a bad apple. Call me whatever you want. I don’t care. Im not the type that gets offended. But apparently a lot of y’all are. I will admit that I shouldn’t have turned the thread into what it became. That was wrong of me. But instead of leaving, have a conversation with me about your beliefs. Im happy to debate anyone that wants to.

And I don’t recall saying anything bad about anyone that is Catholic. I just said Catholics aren’t Christians. And I stand by that.
Why?

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say get a new church and read the Bible. I don’ memorize it like the debaters do but read it and think about it. Some believe if you don’t speak tongues your not christIan.

But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without [a]your works, and I will show you my faith by [b]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [c]dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made [d]perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was [e]accounted to him for righteousness.”And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
A man shall be judged according to his works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom