Oklahoma Shooters. I bid you farewell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is how I feel also. Some people are gonna have a lot of 'splaining to do when they cross over to the other side.

I have left here a couple times. Both times did me a lot of good but I miss you OGs too much to stay gone too long.

I hope you will come join us again when you feel the urge to check in on the rest of us ... 😘

Hey, post #12…

I bet you think a shotgun is best for home defense too, doesn’t ya?!? 😂

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what fellas? I can tolerate a lot of things. While as a member of Oklahoma shooters I have been trolled, I have been wrong. I have been proven wrong. I’ve tried to learn all of my lessons as best as I could and become a valid member of this community. But lately it seems I’ve become more and more offended by things that are getting posted. The latest one is a remark about members of the Catholic faith. I am Catholic and I was deeply offended by something that was put on here, and more importantly something that was allowed to remain on here. Therefore, I feel very since I am not part of the solution I am part of the problem. I’m afraid I’m gonna have to move on. I wish all of you well. I’ve met some good guys. I hope you live long lives. I hope you live happy lives. Take care.

Mike

I hope you stay.

I do not know you, dont believe we have ever interacted on the board, but I honestly hope you stay.

There was a time in my life when some things had happened at a church that I cared about very deeply. Those people meant the world to me. But some new folks stepped in after some things happened and their hearts were not after gods. In the end the church was ruined, lives were damaged and folks who had been like family to each other for years stopped talking.

I held a lot of hurt, anger and resentment and at times I would attack those who were christians and held a lot of unforgiveness towards anyone who believed.

It took many years for me to work thru all that, to find myself in a church again and once again among some of those folks from years ago, and the conversations we have had have been great and I never knew how they truly felt about me all those years. They did nothing to me, it was the enemy who stepped in and used greed in the hearts of a few to destroy a church and try to hurt gods people.

Guess what I am trying to say is all of us have differing views, experiences and opinions on things, sometimes we click and sometimes we dont.

Dont feel attacked because of what someone wrote.

No matter what you choose, I wish you the best but I hope you stay.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I missed it. Was off work sick for a few days and wasn’t on much. We can’t follow every post. The site has gotten that big. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We need your help to stay on top of things.

Make me a mod. I look at every single post.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you don't go too.

Jesus was very concerned with the splintering and division in His church. My opinion is that no church this side of heaven totally gets everything right, and I see no profitability for His Kingdom in finger pointing. I have known and my wife has known plenty of Catholics who exhibit righteousness and fruit in their lives, even if I have theological differences in the things they teach, none of us is in a position to think we can declare who the Lord considers His or not. Instead we should be more concerned about our own righteousness and obedience, and that of those we are responsible for, and how we can encourage others to choose the gift he offers as their own. Love is patient, love is kind. I think it is fine for Christians to sharpen each other, but it must be done respectfully.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went against my better judgement and made a single post on that thread. I read a few responses, particularly from one ignorant person, then just never went back to it.

I could see that thread was going nowhere good. I don't need to get involved in religious or political discussions with anyone, much less some random keyboard warrior.

That being said, your decision is your decision.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what fellas? I can tolerate a lot of things. While as a member of Oklahoma shooters I have been trolled, I have been wrong. I have been proven wrong. I’ve tried to learn all of my lessons as best as I could and become a valid member of this community. But lately it seems I’ve become more and more offended by things that are getting posted. The latest one is a remark about members of the Catholic faith. I am Catholic and I was deeply offended by something that was put on here, and more importantly something that was allowed to remain on here. Therefore, I feel very since I am not part of the solution I am part of the problem. I’m afraid I’m gonna have to move on. I wish all of you well. I’ve met some good guys. I hope you live long lives. I hope you live happy lives. Take care.

Mike

Heh I’m catholic myself. If your faith can’t stand up to criticism and you are hurt when your faith is attacked, then perhaps that requires introspection as to why it makes you feel that way. Other peoples opinion about your faith should be immaterial. If your confident in your faith, the ignorance of others should be immaterial.

Your faith is your own and you can’t force others to agree with you by banning them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Mike
I hope you change your mind and remember, the Report and Ignore buttons can make the site much better if you use them.

That said Catholics, among others need to grow a thicker skin. The Catholic church is not perfect, has made some bad mistakes, and some people will continue to rub salt in old wounds. Just remember that opinions are like butt holes, everybody has them and some stink more that others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom