Oklahoman Legislators Pass Harsh Hashish Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And your point is?

:eyeroll:

The point is the only difference between an Oklahoma Republican and an Oklahoma Democrat is the Republicans say they are proud to support bills like this, and the Democrats say they are ashamed of it.

If we ever catch a hash maker (*sings* hash maker hash maker make me some hash), they should use the "Rice Defense"

"Gee Mr. Prosecutor...you see I set out that day with the intent to NOT make hashish. It was only inadvertently that I did in fact make hashish. The irony of a man like myself actually making hashish is quite ironic you see, some might call it Shakespearean. Am I free to go?"

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're all useless. They just have the Rs and Ds to make it look interesting.

I say that all time. Just check some of my past posts. My point is that the current crop has added a level of zealotry to their madness. Some of our esteemed members here refuse to believe that a Democrat can do anything right, yet now are beginning to see they were sold a bill of goods by some of these Republicans.

Taaaaake it baaaaaack. Yeah, how's that working out for you? Ha ha ha

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bottom line is, this is obviously something the OK Bureau of Narcotics wanted passed. Why? I don't know.
It seems so irrelevant to anything connected to drug use in OK.

Maybe it is just to distract us from the fact that we will soon be paying a $20 copay for a Sudafed prescription when we used to be able to buy it over the counter for $7.
And this is on top of the ephedrine law(the one where you could only buy a certain amount, with an ID) that they said was so successful that the meth dealers were going out of business and every other state is copying our law.

Because it was SO successful.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 nay votes out of what...16 Democrats?

Yeah, how's that working out for you? Ha ha ha

The bottom line is, this is obviously something the OK Bureau of Narcotics wanted passed. Why? I don't know.

A bunch of prick lawmakers wanted their name on this because it's another notch on their "tough on crime" belt.

The OBN wants it because there is no such thing as an unreasonable drug law. The drug war is perpetual and it must justify its own existence. It was never designed to be won.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Maybe it is just to distract us from the fact that we will soon be paying a $20 copay for a Sudafed prescription when we used to be able to buy it over the counter for $7.
And this is on top of the ephedrine law(the one where you could only buy a certain amount, with an ID) that they said was so successful that the meth dealers were going out of business and every other state is copying our law.

Because it was SO successful.

Other than the perpetual drug war that makes citizens victims of the governments' crimes against humanity, I'm looking for a money link somewhere. Remember, Boehringer-Ingelheim (largest manufacturer of phenylephrine) increased their lobbying efforts significantly during the two years that the pseudoephedrine-ID craze was sweeping the country, and drastically reduced their lobbying efforts after that round of protectionism.

Vote for Obama again and the Democrats and the only thing you will be saying is where did my guns go!!

Why do you say that? It shows a lack of understanding of politics and where members of both major "parties" stand.

The only reason I voted for McCain in 2008 was a Democrat-controlled Congress. My gut tells me that Congress will be Republican-controlled after the 2012 elections, which is why my choices for President are probably going to be Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, or Barack Obama (in that order).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys did. Because they are Republicans and, BY GOD, they love them some guns! Seriously, I think some of you who mindlessly hate the Democrats are going to wish they were back in the State Legislature.

I hate the Republican party as much as you do and I AM one of them! With that said, I'll never wish the Dimwits back in power because they're just as stupid as the Retards, they just have a different agenda which I despise even more! :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom